Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gamespot Reader Reviews Shivering Isles!!!

Ion Flux

Savant
Project: Eternity
Quoted from Gamespot:

".: Shivering Isles : What A Mad Expansion :.
By Zellwwf
When i first saw the screenshots! I was amazed! And i thought? Why there is a giant mushroom or whatsoever standing from the ground? It really shine when you move into the realm! but how do you get there? when you install the X-pansion pack, a rumor spreads out in the original realm (Cyrodiil) About a portal - follow the rumor and you ll finish of in the realm OF MADDNESS!!
What i liked about this X is that it has it's own storyline, and it has new items, new stuff like spells and wierd new characters!
The terrain and nature are nice, but dangerous to walk around, cause of the new creatures! Yeah and the Prince Of Madness (or whatever his name was) gives you stupid missions (that i leave mostly) but i play most of the side quests! OBLIVION ROCKS!!!

Let Me Play Somemore to add somestuff or hints "

This exemplifies their fanbase. Does anyone here really hold out hope that Fallout 3 will be any good?

Castanova said:
"The decisions you make regarding how to comply with Sheogorath's wishes have substantial and permanent effects on the game world and storyline, including determining which major NPC players live or die, what titles you receive, and ultimately what kind of specialized armor set you're rewarded with later on."

Oh shit, the permanent effects of what armor I will never use? Sign me up.

WalterKinde

Scholar
While i haven't played it yet.
Like the original campaign and the spinoff DLC your choices do not really change anything, being promoted to uber-whatever doesn't change your standing with the general populace of NPCs.
Also once more your so called freedom is narrowed, on the crazy isle there seem to be "others" called order warriors or some such who are battling the chaos of the realm, you are not giving the choice of joining this faction to bring sanity to the madness , kinda like being excluded from the mythic dawn in the original.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
So I'm kind of stuck. I'm at the part where the craziest sourceress lady wants me to collect things she needs to bring the gatekeeper back to life. I have the first to things I need, but I can't seem to get the Breath of Essence. I followed the compass and I was standing directly over the green arrow, but I have no idea how to get it! If someone has passed this part please let me know.

Eh... How about looking around the place instead of the compass?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Yeah and the Prince Of Madness gives you stupid missions (that i leave mostly) but i play most of the side quests! OBLIVION ROCKS!!!
Sounds like a great game.

gc051360

Scholar
Like the original campaign and the spinoff DLC your choices do not really change anything, being promoted to uber-whatever doesn't change your standing with the general populace of NPCs.

Yeah. It's all for the aesthetics with those guys.

See your a prince....look at your shiny crown. Then why does that shopkeeper not bow down?? Why did that guy just ask the prince to go pick him up a loaf of bread at the bakery??

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
The MADD Arab said:
The Elder Scrolls IV:
OBLIVION

Games, games…, after games… We are not seeing anymore interesting games. Until… until the day Bethesda Softworks® Decided to release a game, an amazing game. Called OBLIVION! If you like RPG, or Adventure, arcade, puzzle… You should try oblivion! It's the game of the year. I don’t know how people don't own it yet?! The game is amazing. Its graphics, the intensive level of detail, But you ought to download the "Make It pretty" Pack to improve and tweak the graphics. The "you could actually live in" Nature, WOW, the amazingly high level of graphics will shock you, as you walk you will see motion in grass, which (the grass) is all over the place, maybe rocks and pebbles that are 3D! Trees are also 3D, there are trees everywhere! Maybe flowers too? Maybe a lake? Maybe a hill? The way the sun rises and the way twilight appears in dusk. The reflection of light on your sword, armor,… The sky at night, WOW, really, you could see a planet and it's moons, their good! The numerous stars, twinkling.
The sounds are astonishing too, they are great! I've got a 5.1 surround sound and the sounds are just amazing, you could here people whispering behind you, and then look back, there are actually people. The music score is just "AGREABLE" (in French) Bam baraboom barabom bara lara boom … It's amazing!!!!
What about the gameplay? You'll never get bored. Kicking ass, hunting, selling, buying, exploring the horizons, treasure hunting, drinking, casting spells, curses, or unlocking mysterious puzzles, preparing potions, poisons, as an alchemist, collection flowers, seed, plants, or just join the dark brotherhood and kill people you dislike, the story goes on over 300hours of PLAY!!!
Then you'll see a gate which leads to the lands of oblivion, a totally different world, as for me, I like to wander there, collect plants, kill enemies and take their super super strong weapons, the go after the Sigil Stones which are the way these gates are open, you will find a sigil stone in each oblivion gate, you gotta climb a tower, find a way to the top, then take the sigil stone from a line of fire from the earth to the sky.
You can capture souls, create spells,… the game is ought to be bought!

Amateur

Novice
Seriously,

does the exp add anything other then new graphs, enemies, weapons, npcs, quests etc?

Although I will not give it a try I would like to know. It seems like the same shit with different graphs to me? Anything new in gameplay ???

Dpayne

Scholar
Well I know it's designed so you can jump right into it at level 1 which is pretty fucking stupid.

The MADD Arab said:
The Elder Scrolls IV:
You'll never get bored. Kicking ass, hunting, selling, buying, exploring the horizons, treasure hunting, drinking, casting spells, curses, or unlocking mysterious puzzles, preparing potions, poisons, as an alchemist, collection flowers, seed, plants, or just join the dark brotherhood and kill people you dislike, the story goes on over 300hours of PLAY!!!

How could I have been so foolish? I have now seen the light.

Amateur

Novice
sportforredneck said:
Elhoim said:
300hours of PLAY!!!
That's just the excellent story though, there's even more to do after!

Yeah "Exploring the horizon"(what does he explore :lol: ), "drinking"(for 300hours of gameplay yeah he should have been drinking :D ), "kicking ass"(I can kick ass in doom 3 )

Amateur

Novice
sportforredneck said:
Elhoim said:
300hours of PLAY!!!
That's just the excellent story though, there's even more to do after!

Yeah "Exploring the horizon"(what does he explore :lol: ), "drinking"(for 300hours of gameplay yeah he should have been drinking :D ), "kicking ass"(I can kick ass in doom 3 )

Ion Flux

Savant
Project: Eternity
sportforredneck said:
Marsal said:
Al Qaeda plays Oblivion? :shock:

Bethesda is the true reason why they hate America.

You know Al Qaeda and their ilk like to bomb internet cafes and such, referring to electronic media as the "Devilmind".

This guy appears to be making it even more demonic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom