Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review GameSpot slams Dungeon Lords

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
And it could be just like Where's Waldo?, only it was set in a weird universe where absolutely everything and everyone was a walking sign that said "R00fles".

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
Sol Invictus said:
Those were the Greeks. And no, I would never be into hot carls. That's scatology.

*ahem* you were aware that Roman men would be classified as bi-sexual weren't you? Look up a definition of pedicare and consider the words of Horace:

“…When your crotch is throbbing and there is a slave girl or slave boy ready at hand, whom you could jump right away, you don’t prefer to burst with your hard on, do you? I certainly don’t. I like sex that is easy and obtainable.”

VD is probably aware of this, considering his sig contains a classic piece of Roman thinking: "everyone's a girl when they're face down." Caesar got called a Queen because he... bah.. you get my drift..

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Mefi said:
VD is probably aware of this, considering his sig contains a classic piece of Roman thinking: "everyone's a girl when they're face down." Caesar got called a Queen because he... bah.. you get my drift..
Errr..that's Fez' sig innit?
Otherwise, very enlightening.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Fact: Your user name on the RPG Codex is, currently, space captain.

Once again, you are proved a liar.

LlamaGod

Cipher
Dungeon Lords' combat is crap. Simple and stupid combos that dont work out very well, the evasive moves even more so.

Blade of Darkness had pretty good combat for an action RPG. All in all, Dungeon Lords reminded me of a really shitty version of Blade of Darkness, and it wasnt fun and didnt have cool gore either.

Gothic could be alright sometimes, Bloodlines was pretty good.

Fez

Erudite
Shagnak said:
Mefi said:
Errr..that's Fez' sig innit?
Otherwise, very enlightening.

I'm probably only VD's alternate account anyway.

halo112358

Novice
Markman said:
Are they reviewing the same game? How the hell can a game that is incomplete get a score as high as 6.8??
I dont get it.

gamespot score translation system:

( ( gamespotScore * 2 ) - 10 ) == finalScore

note that I've never seen a gamespot score below 5, so this should yeild scores that actually fall between 0 and 10.

soooo .. gsCorrectScore(6.8) == 3.6, much better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom