Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review GameSpy gives Oblivion 80%

Frau Bishop

Erudite
Nice review, sounds fair.

"The truth is that Oblivion will represent a very different experience for each and every one of you. Some will hate it, some will love it, others will abandon it after a while or wait for some fan made mods to entirely change the game experience. Oblivion isn’t something that you can “study in the library” or “read about in books”. You have to experience it for yourself and make your own opinion. I’ve made mine. And until Gothic 3 is released, I’m going back to Fallout 2 and Planescape Torment."

mister lamat

Scholar
Twinfalls said:
The plane of Oblivion is like nothing you've ever seen before. We're keeping real tight-lipped about it, don't want to spoil your amazement at how radically inventive it is!

it's really nothing like doom at all to be honest, but if you're trying to paint a picture for someone else who plays computer games, it's one of the few reference points there are. no need for a snot bubble over that one, so relax.

deus

Liturgist
mister lamat said:
Twinfalls said:
The plane of Oblivion is like nothing you've ever seen before. We're keeping real tight-lipped about it, don't want to spoil your amazement at how radically inventive it is!

it's really nothing like doom at all to be honest, but if you're trying to paint a picture for someone else who plays computer games, it's one of the few reference points there are. no need for a snot bubble over that one, so relax.

The problem is that they hyped up the Oblivion sections as if they were some sort of Lovecraftian plane of pure horror and insanity. What we got was lava, lots and lots of lava.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah, it's much more like Diablo 2, right?

Greatatlantic said:
For example, 3 star games are viewed as OK games that will appeal to certain audiences. However, a 60% game or even a 65% are viewed as inferior productrs that no one should play.
Not really. There is no contradiction between a game being OK and it being inferior. There are however lower ratings for a product not just inferior, but outright bad. 60% isn't a recommendation, but 40% would be an outright warning, and I've seen a couple of those.

whitemithrandir said:
NWN overrated?

Don't be a dumbass.

R00fles.
You forgot to change accounts. :wink:

denizsi

Arcane
Another interesting thing to note about the GameSpy review is that, you can't see it on the reviews page on ES page, and I don't think they will ever list anything on official page that gives the game a score lower than 9/10

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom