Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

'Gay Gamers'

Higher Game

Arcane
Why won't games show a bulge in those tight, sweaty pants the studs wear? They have hot, manly armor like studded leather and weapons like whips and chains, but no protruding codpieces. They can show breasts as long as the nipple isn't shown, right? So, why can't they show the 9 inch jawbreakers that men like Master Chief (drool) have? Not the flesh itself, but just the outline in the pants? It would be so much more realistic and immersive than the female genitalia (disgusting) that men currently have in games.

Even the Japanese can get it right. I loved the king in Katamari Damancy, as well as the beautiful, rainbow colors in that game. It was amazing. They are so much more tolerant than we are, and they're not afraid to be anatomically correct.

http://namco-ch.net/katamari_mi_psp/chara/img/p1.gif

kris

Arcane
Higher Game said:
So, why can't they show the 9 inch jawbreakers that men like Master Chief (drool) have?

and they're not afraid to be anatomically correct.

Because everyone know that 9 inchers is the norm. Just like hooters able to screen the sun.

TruthDecay

Novice
You've never played SimCopter, I take it?

Wikipedia:
The game became controversial when a designer inserted sprites of men in trunks kissing each other that appear on certain dates, which was caught shortly after release and edited from future copies. He cited his actions as a response to the intolerable working conditions he suffered at Maxis. The designer, Jacques Servin, was fired afterwards.

DamnElfGirl

Liturgist
Oh, that King of all Cosmos. He's so dreamy!

Seriously, if anybody has one of those Playstation 2 thingies and hasn't tried Katamari Damacy, you should. It's good times.

Red Russian

Scholar
Why won't games show a bulge in those tight, sweaty pants the studs wear? They have hot, manly armor like studded leather and weapons like whips and chains, but no protruding codpieces. They can show breasts as long as the nipple isn't shown, right? So, why can't they show the 9 inch jawbreakers that men like Master Chief (drool) have? Not the flesh itself, but just the outline in the pants? It would be so much more realistic and immersive than the female genitalia (disgusting) that men currently have in games.

Well, maybe it's immature to begin with. Game developers has been showing female brests since when and does it to attract more "susceptable" idiots.

"Oooh, look! A half-naked female! Must be a good game. Must buy so that I can strangle my dick whilst staaaaaaaaring at the awsome cover!".

Bastards (Game developers) has got a serious problem in that they don't know how to create a DECENT female character WITHOUT dressing her in tight-assed-lingerie clothes. And even if they did manage to create a decent female character, it would still backfire since then the "susceptable" audience would be scared off.

Yes, it surprises me as well that they haven't yet taken males in the same direction as they are doing with the females. I think it's because most game developers are still on that notion that they just don't know that females actually exist. That's why you get none of that "half-naked males with sexy crotches". That's also the reason why there are soooo many half-naked females in games so they can live of that virtual fantasy.

Game Developer: "Let's do it for the immature MALE kids out there, guys!"

MALE team: "YEAH, BABY. YEAH!"

Boy, this was a weird post for me. Talking about "sexy male crotches". I'm male! LOL :D

OOOOH, the horror!

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
TEH HORROR!!!

Homosexuality in games? We already got some homosexual characters, and unfortunately they're not all too nice. Take Duke Nukem, for example. He tries too hard.

Red Russian

Scholar
Duke Nukem's homosexual? I thought he was only after "chicks". Or did I misread your post or something. Or did I miss something in the game?

Anyway. Even if they did bring in homosexuality in games, as in men kissing/sleeping together, then I doubt it would raise sales. But not including it would not make sales drop, either. Well, maybe a little, but not too much I think.

If I could have my own way I would choose NOT to have ANY sexual content in games in general. Maybe the odd romance now and again and a few light hearted kisses, but nothing more. The last thing I want to see is a naked man. *shivers*

Slowly but surely I'm gettin' flashbacks to my hostel days... :( When ever you drop something in the showers you had to kick into a corner, turn around with your butt towards the corner and then pick it up. Otherwise, someone would grab you from behind. In a joking kind of way. :D

Anyway, my opinion. :D

themadhatter114

Liturgist
Patron
Males are the target audience, because they buy the most games. Straight males outnumber gay males and likely play video games more as well. I think it's a safe bet that you'll sell more copies with some T&A than without and you'll sell more without protruding nutsacks than you will with them. I'd bet that a huge part of the target audience would refuse to buy the game because it's "fucking gay".

FrancoTAU

Cipher
A Homo RPG could be pretty interesting. You gain XP by banging dudes. Asian guys are equivalent to rats in the starter dungeons while black dudes are bosslevel XP. You die from getting the HIV or wandering into homophobes.

You can roleplay any class of homo you like. Be a rentboy who bangs every dude possible for max XP but you also increase your chances of dying. Be a super st8 acting guy who tries to blend into the hetero community by having a beard and blowing guys at reststops. The IMMERSHUN!!!

HotSnack

Cipher
Red Russian said:
Anyway. Even if they did bring in homosexuality in games, as in men kissing/sleeping together, then I doubt it would raise sales.
Obviously you have never paid a visit to the Bioware boards.

Spazmo

Erudite
Wait--so all the big burly muscley men naked from the waist up swinging around great big phalluses (phalli?) don't do it for you folks? Tough crowd.

User was nabbed fit

FrancoTAU said:
A Homo RPG could be pretty interesting. You gain XP by banging dudes. Asian guys are equivalent to rats in the starter dungeons while black dudes are bosslevel XP. You die from getting the HIV or wandering into homophobes.

You can roleplay any class of homo you like. Be a rentboy who bangs every dude possible for max XP but you also increase your chances of dying. Be a super st8 acting guy who tries to blend into the hetero community by having a beard and blowing guys at reststops. The IMMERSHUN!!!

That would almost be as cool as the ethnic cleansing video game...

http://www.resistance.com/ethniccleansing/

Jabbapop

Scholar
ogm i like how "ogm penii! they must be making a gay statement!" lol i forgot that females exist and perhaps play games too. hmmm.... forget that females exist while thinking about male crotch. :cool:

Higher Game

Arcane
FrancoTAU said:

That would seriously kick ass over any generic D&D fantasy RPG. I'd definitely get that game if it were made.

Red Russian

Scholar

Your'e right. I haven't paid any visit to any Bioware forums. And if I interpret your post correctly, then I doubt I want to. :D

:lol:

kris

Arcane
Red Russian said:

Your'e right. I haven't paid any visit to any Bioware forums. And if I interpret your post correctly, then I doubt I want to. :D

Some could think he only makes a joke about how Bioware fans are "gay", but I seen quite a few threads asking for gay romances.

Pseudofool

Scholar
Gratuity in any form, male/female always pulls me out of games. I like women. But i hate rpgs where every woman or nearly all, are covergirl types, it's just bad form. RPGs won't ever sell really well to the must-nut-now-crowd, so they should get over, nudity, brothels, and unrealistic body images.

I'm also tired of having to play musle bound wizards and such; I wanna few scrawny body types to choose from, or a few that are overweight. Sure if I'm a fighter I needed to be fit, if I'm a theif I ought to be small, but beyond that, I should be able to have an unhelathy, unappealing body if I so chooose for my role playing experience.

Who was that pirate again in ToEE?

whitemithrandir

Erudite
That sex scene with full frontal nudity in Farenheit was cringe-worthy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom