Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Geneforge 2 - Infestation remake now on Kickstarter

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Alright, the new story line stretch goal has been reached. Now for the ultra-awesome-hidden story line at $80k ;-)

Last edited:

T. Reich

Arcane
I mean like somebody pointed out, it's hard to blame the guy for making safe choices to keep the lights on instead of taking a risk on some big bold project. But with crowdfunding the whole point was to allow developers to do something bolder basically risk-free and it's a bummer that it never materialized.
But he so old...

... and tired.

Is there still no music in the Geneforge remakes?

With Vogel's approach to visuals, do you really want to have him add the music to his games?
:hero:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
But he so old...

... and tired.
All that copy/pasting for his remakes might have worn him out.

That and writing the same article over and over about how people really just want to power game.

I give the man points for the original titles he has released, but he's remade the Exile series twice now and is remaking Geneforge.

I mean like somebody pointed out, it's hard to blame the guy for making safe choices to keep the lights on instead of taking a risk on some big bold project. But with crowdfunding the whole point was to allow developers to do something bolder basically risk-free and it's a bummer that it never materialized.
But he so old...

... and tired.

With Vogel's approach to visuals, do you really want to have him add the music to his games?

Honestly the first time I played through Geneforge I turned on the Fallout soundtrack. It really seemed to fit the mood of the game.

Beastro

Arcane
But he so old...

... and tired.

Honestly the first time I played through Geneforge I turned on the Fallout soundtrack. It really seemed to fit the mood of the game.
That's why I ask. I preferred to play them with my own music going and hope that's retained.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Alright, the new story line stretch goal has been reached. Now for the ultra-awesome-hidden story line at $80k ;-)
I'm not sure these ultra-awesome story add-ons are a good idea. Geneforge 1 remake was good, because it was an almost identical copy with some very minor gameplay improvements. Current year Vogel as a creator of new content is not something I eagerly await. I almost hope he swindles everyone, pockets the extra money, and just ports G2 unaltered into his standard remake engine.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm not sure these ultra-awesome story add-ons are a good idea. Geneforge 1 remake was good, because it was an almost identical copy with some very minor gameplay improvements. Current year Vogel as a creator of new content is not something I eagerly await. I almost hope he swindles everyone, pockets the extra money, and just ports G2 unaltered into his standard remake engine.

The Geneforge 1 Kickstarter had a story add-on as well and it was pretty good. It was the entire ascended storyline.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom