Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

General TOEE gameplay issue

Snuffles

Novice
I'm in Hommlet and it is driving me nuts, do you need to do any of the quests on offer there, do they provide something valuable on completion, or once you get the location of the moathouse and the two small places you can visit, can you just happily leave it? Hopefully forever.

I'm also having some trouble with a couple of quests there, one quest for Black Jay suggested that someone may try to sneak into a field at night, but I never saw them, another quest suggested that some workmen would return to camp at night, again they never showed up, is there some trick to doing the timing of these quests, I just waited the time out on the spot, advancing to evening, then waiting a minute real time, then skipping an hour and having a look around again for a minute, etc, etc.

Spazmo

Erudite
1 - No, you don't have to do the quests as you can just run along to the moathouse ASAP if you so wish. That said, the quests provide some nice XP, but it's up to you to decide if it's worth the aggravation.

2 - That's an issue ToEE has. Even if the game displays night (e.g., it gets dark), it won't actually act like it's dark in terms of NPC placement until you force the game to reload the map. If you pop into and out of a house, the night-time NPCs should appear normally.

Spazmo said:
1 - No, you don't have to do the quests as you can just run along to the moathouse ASAP if you so wish. That said, the quests provide some nice XP, but it's up to you to decide if it's worth the aggravation.

2 - That's an issue ToEE has. Even if the game displays night (e.g., it gets dark), it won't actually act like it's dark in terms of NPC placement until you force the game to reload the map. If you pop into and out of a house, the night-time NPCs should appear normally.

Thank you I was arsing about the friggin camp for days and no one turned up, it was doing my nut.

Snuffles

Novice
Yeah, a belated thanks by the way, I did eventually get out of Hommlet and have an enjoyable time of the rest of the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom