Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Gina wants to wrap her arms around a man, not a robot

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Space Siege

<a href="http://au.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/spacesiege/news.html?sid=6193215&mode=previews">GameSpot have previewed Space Siege</a>. That combat game in space where you upgrade yourself thing:
<br>
<blockquote>Constantly in your ear is Gina, the ship's communications officer. She's hiding away in a home base, safe from the Kerak, and will update you with mission objectives and drive the storyline in general. She buzzed us to tell us some big news: A second colony ship, the Tachibana, was discovered. Good news for humanity, as well as multiplayer fans. The Tachibana is the setting of a separate campaign that can be played with four players cooperatively, or solo if you're looking for an experience different from the traditional story mode. One caveat: No HR-Vs on the Tachibana. You'll also learn more about the game universe by picking up data pads that are sprinkled around the ship, filled with valuable background information as well as some useless fluff to make you laugh.</blockquote>
<br>
Let us now all take a moment to thank the developer who came up with the idea of the video diary and the developer who thought of the "this guy will lead you through the game all the way" concept.
<br>
<blockquote>It's sort of a slippery slope, this cybernetics business. After several missions, you'll suddenly be offered a new implant that promises strength and reaction bonuses, at the expense of only 10 percent of your humanity. 10 percent? That's nothing. That's a receding hairline. That's a love handle. But as you progress through the game and the Kerak become increasingly difficult, these decisions grow in difficulty, too, until finally your skull is reinforced with titanium and you shoot lasers from your eyeballs. We had only a few minutes with Space Siege, but you can already feel the tension brought on by these decisions. If anything, you at least have a reason to play through the game twice.</blockquote>
<br>
Nope, no tension here. Am I supposed to be feeling something? <a href="http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/space-siege/885045p1.html">GameSpy also have a preview of exactly the same stuff</a>.
<br>
<br>
Spotted @ <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com">Dhruin's Playhouse</a>

Korgan

Arbiter
This is fucked up. I can't imagine any player who wouldn't go 100% cyborg after thinking it over for a second. But then, I can't imagine anyone able to think playing this crap.

MountainWest

Scholar
Can't wait for this game. Shooting lasers from my eyes? Fuck yeah. And Gina can go to hell. I'm not playing a love simulator, I just wanna kill kill kill.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Oooh, i feel like that when i have to decide if i need to gulp another mug of beer. The tension is overwhelming.

The_Pope

Scholar
Seeing is it's an action RPG, 'humanity' is a bit of a misnomer. It should actually have a slider like this:

Soulless killbot made of meat<X>Soulless killbot made of steel

AzraelCC

Scholar
I read in some other post that less humanity means less people would ally with you. If they made allies a bit like minions, then maybe it could work. You'd have a choice of either a pet build or a solo build.

Still a long shot that this game would rock though.

Badgermaster

Educated
"Humanity" doesn't mean a damn thing unless given some significant in-game consequences. P&P RPGs with cybernetics have been doing this for 20 years or so.

Shadowrun used to handle this by having cybernetics interfere with one's ability to use magic. Sure, it made no difference to anyone who didn't care about using magic, but it was at least a drawback.

Cyberpunk 2020 handled this by implementing "Cyberpsychosis". The less humanity one had, the more likely one was to look at baseline humans as worthless sacks of meat, which could trigger potentially violent psychotic episodes. Bit heavyhanded, perhaps, assuming everyone would have the same extreme psychological reaction to being heavily enhanced, but again, at least it was something.

If the only thing holding you back from augmentation in Space Siege is your love of the 'Gina, it seems a little weak.

Dire Roach

Prophet
Dude do you realize how difficult it is to get a hard-on when your penis has been coated in a vibranium alloy and fitted with a high-powered laser cannon? It's enough to crush anyone's psyche and rob them of all their willpower.

Azarkon

Arcane
Dude do you realize how difficult it is to get a hard-on when your penis has been coated in a vibranium alloy and fitted with a high-powered laser cannon?

...Penis has been coated in a vibranium alloy and fitted with a high-powered laser cannon...

Penis... vibranium... laser cannon...

ushdugery

Scholar
I could only see it being a problem if one went for the rocket launcher dick implant, which I hear from a good source is excellent for wasting those pesking xenomorphs from Exodus IV.

Ander Vinz

Scholar
Lestat said:
Ander Vinz said:
What kind of killbot would want to fuck a chick?
It's common knowledge that human females are highly sexually attractive to members of all species.
4564-b_rainslick_temp.jpg

Murk

Arcane
Dire Roach said:
Dude do you realize how difficult it is to get a hard-on when your penis has been coated in a vibranium alloy and fitted with a high-powered laser cannon? It's enough to crush anyone's psyche and rob them of all their willpower.

i imagine a robots metallic cock is hard 24-7

always hard, always ready

Herbert West

Arbiter
So that means no cyborg secks?? Why the fuck should anyone buy this game naow???
Come on!
ksmn187l.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom