Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GIVE ME BACK CARDTRICKS WITCHER REVIEW!!!

MountainWest

Scholar
I hadn't finished reading this gem of goodness! And now it's gone, gone with da mothafuckin' wind.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Heh. I've read something you haven't read. I've read something you haven't read...

To answer your question, it'll be posted on the front page sooner rather than later.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
Yeah, it was a great review. It was definitely frontpage worthy.

Who's doing the Year in Review write up?

MountainWest

Scholar
But I want to read it noooow.

Anyway, good to see someone picking up the torch in such a convincing manner. From what I read, I would have liked the review to have a few more instances of jaded Codexian witty mean-spirited humour. But that's my personal taste and, really - really? yes, really - a minor complaint.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It seems to be going up the frontpage, I just read through parts of it and it's really good and frontpage-worthy material. Guess Calis will put it up once he's read through it.

Moar official content = good.

Hazelnut

Erudite
Why are we waiiting, oh, why are we waiiting, why are we waiting....

caliban

Scholar
On behalf of all Polish nationalists and fanboys here I demand you put it up NOW.

LRP

Novice
I was wondering what happened to it, and why it was 'gone'. I managed to read about half of it, before having to run off to work, and because of having to run off, it was a hurried read at that. I came back to finish it and I couldn't find the thread anywhere. What I managed to get through, really was very well done, how long does it take, to repost something to the front page and is that why, his post was pulled? I don't understand why they yanked a fine piece like that in the first place.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I hate to criticize the new regime, but you guys should have reposted it instantly (takes what? 5 min?) or left the original here for now.

cardtrick

Arbiter
Hey, thanks for the support guys, but it'll be going up. It takes some time. Calis and co. are reading through, and I think possibly doing some editing. We've been in contact via PMs. It was pretty dumb of me to post it in the forums in the first place . . . I really ought to have just PMed it to a news poster, but I was just coming back from a few weeks away from the Codex and didn't really understand who was in charge or what the new system was.

EDIT: Just to be a little more clear. They PMed me immediately after pulling the thread and asked how I wanted to proceed. This wasn't some kind of creepy censorship or anything.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Vault Dweller said:
I hate to criticize the new regime, but you guys should have reposted it instantly (takes what? 5 min?) or left the original here for now.
RP's last article took a couple of days, suibhne's Dark Messiah review took a couple of weeks (we had to wait for some more screenies, I think) . So far, less than 2 days has passed. I don't think anyone is necessarily being slack here.

caliban

Scholar
OK, OK, we get it, let's not start another episode of I N T E R N E T D R A M A. Just make it quick, I want to start nitpicking already.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Shagnak said:
Vault Dweller said:
RP's last article took a couple of days, suibhne's Dark Messiah review took a couple of weeks (we had to wait for some more screenies, I think) ...
Suibhne never submitted that review to us. RP's situation was different, he was an admin and was in position to decide when and how to submit. All he had to do was to let me know when to approve.

Cardtrick is a volunteer. Having him to wait for 2 days for something that could have been done in 5 min is both disrespectful and discouraging. Anyway, he was kind enough to post a copy on our forums, so if anyone's interested, you can check it out there.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
My guess (since I'm not 100% sure what's happening) is that it's better if all changes are approved via PMs, and not everyone answers PMs quickly / checks them very often.
Although I'm not in charge of this, I'm confident we shouldn't publish a changed text without checking with the author, right?

Vault Dweller

Developer
Depends. You don't make changes to a review of such a caliber - I mean, who's qualified? If you are talking about typos, I don't think that fixing them requires approval. My 2 cents.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I was going to make some kind of comment on how depriving us of content is evil. Corporate-like evil, which is like, the worst kind of evil.

cardtrick

Arbiter
Look - for the record, let's not make this an Internet Drama issue. I posted my review, but I should really have PMed it to someone. The admins were very prompt in contacting me and very gracious about accepting the review. Calis told me he's reading through it and will send me back a copy with his edits before they post anything. This seems totally reasonable to me. I have no problem with the editors of a site wanting to take some time to read through a piece and make any necessary changes before it becomes an official part of the site content. Editorial oversight is a good thing. Looking back over it, I can already see that there were at least a couple of typos, and who knows what Calis might find. I'm certainly not upset about having to wait . . . it's not like I get anything out of this anyway.

In the meantime, Vault Dweller asked me to post a copy on his forums, and I was happy to oblige. I was originally writing the review after discussing it with him, after all, and the Iron Tower forums seem like a great place to have a review of what I really think is a great game. I'm not doing this to "take sides" or whatever. There is no competition.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:
I hate to criticize the new regime, but...

VD, you're a great guy, but my opinion of you has lately been going down steadily.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Vault Dweller said:
RP's situation was different, he was an admin and was in position to decide when and how to submit. All he had to do was to let me know when to approve.
The point is that there are threads that you are fully aware of where we were asked to give feedback. Some minor changes were often required before it was posted. None of that happened instantly then, I'm not certain why it should happen instantly now.

Vault Dweller said:
Cardtrick is a volunteer. Having him to wait for 2 days for something that could have been done in 5 min is both disrespectful and discouraging.
Cardtrick is fully aware it is being looked over, that we think it's great, and it will be posted very very soon. Fucking hell..."disrespectful"? Give it a break.

Edit: oh well, Cardtrick said his piece so I most of that is redundant.

Amasius

Augur
cardtrick said:
Look - for the record, let's not make this an Internet Drama issue.
This is the Codex so it can only be a matter of minutes. Oh, wait - the drama already started.
dance.gif

cardtrick

Arbiter
Ah well. At least now we can put "CONTROVERSIAL Review of The Witcher" in the article title and maybe get a few more clicks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom