Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News GOG.com's valentine's gift to you: grab Dungeon Keeper for free

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Tags: Dungeon Keeper; GOG.com

GOG.com, formerly known as Good Old Games, are celebrating Valentine's Day by giving away free digital copies of Dungeon Keeper.

13d030d0e8798595a2adae2f8033c6689f1550a9.jpg

There's also a sale happening at the same time. Use this referral URL to support the Codex/TC when purchasing stuff on GOG.com!

Last edited by a moderator:

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I can always count on GOG to treat me right, even if the world never does.

:love::love::love:

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I didn't want to admit I was in an abusive relationship.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Heh, it was a friend's birthday yesterday and I bought him System Shock 2. Of course it's on discount today.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
i wish gog gave refunds for all the games they eventually end up giving out for free.....

Karmapowered

Augur
i wish gog gave refunds for all the games they eventually end up giving out for free.....

Today's lesson in our marketing 101 course relating to the video-games industry : how to retain your current userbase, and expand it with new customers ?

1/ Ascertain that most of your current userbase already has purchased "game A" (it takes a simple SELECT query on your DB).
2/ Offer "game A" for free to lure in new customers, who either get this game gifted by existing users, or learn about the promotion on prestigious gaming sites, like Fair Codexia.
3/ Ideally, present other promotional (non-free) offers to the giftees (since they need to be registered with an email).
4/ ...
5/ Profit ???

Notice that 1/ is of course a prerequisite for this to work. I'll remind you that we're a serious business : refunds are best left to charity.
Thank you for your attention.

More seriously, GOG rules.

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
yay something new to try tonite

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom