Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Golel (was Tomb of Goliath). VR

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
Testing VR...

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
Have you been playing moonring?
I enjoy this game, I like that it shows percent and chances instead of arbitrary bonuses numbers.
But I am not sure how it calculates to hit chance...The way my to hit works is you roll 1-100 die, add attack bonuses, and if it's above 50+ enemy AC bonus, then you hit.
So in the dialog, I show the chance to it AC bonus 0. SO the chance to roll above 50(with attack bonuses)If you point at an enemy, it will use it's AC in that calculation.
What do you think of this attack system?You can see I have 2 Attack for the sword, because it's a bonus from dexterity.

AttackChance2.jpg
AttackChance1.jpg

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member

I did my first play through. I died. A lot. To a spider. Also I had to learn to open doors.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
There was a pretty big missmatch between what was on your stream and what is shown in PompiPompis screenshots, especially when it comes to the UI.

It's no wonder that you had trouble finding how the mechanics work, animation to actual damage mismatch on the enemies is also pretty bad.

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
There was a pretty big missmatch between what was on your stream and what is shown in PompiPompis screenshots, especially when it comes to the UI.

It's no wonder that you had trouble finding how the mechanics work, animation to actual damage mismatch on the enemies is also pretty bad.
Well notice that he also played the VR, and I played the monitor mostly.
Also, there were updates to the game that I didn't upload to playtest yet.

Yea, the animation timing has issues.

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
Regarding Dark Underlord(Not underworld O_O) playtest, he wasn't able to make use of mana and spells too much. Which made the game more difficult for him.
Once I have a much more advanced updates, I hope he will play it again.
Also regarding motion sickness, I wanted to make the head movement connected to the animation.
I think that is what cause the motion sickness.
I think I updated the walk animation.

I need to add an option to do "linear" camera motion, which as I tested in the past, cause minimal motion sickness.

Eisen

Learned
Looking good

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom