Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

Xeon

Augur
Shen is better following him on Twitch than his YT channel, Mostly he only uploads EU4 on YT. Plays a lot of games on Twitch but can't upload them to YT because of the music he plays.

Humppaleka

Cipher
What is the feaking point of watching someone playing a game that you should be playing instead ? Unless it's to watch a performance, a power play or a speed-run, there is literally no point in watching annoying morons yapping about shit. Don't say the 'personality' bullshit thing otherwise you're 12 years old.

I haven't got a single subscription on youtube and I randomly spend around 5 mins on shitty gameplay videos to check if a game is worth my time or not.
:|

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Well, people waste time surfing or watching videos on YT if they're into games. Most of them are young but whatever.
And no, you watch games that you never play, maybe because price (ugh, another title to clug backlog), maybe too weak PC or maybe actally the player IS fun and clever.
Dunno, it's almost like watching TV. Ask people why they watch TV. Or not cause they denie it and call it shit.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Don't watch too much besides Totalbiscuit's WTF is... series. But
https://www.youtube.com/user/quill18/videos
is a great channel if you love Paradox/4x/grand strategy. Occasionally he does some cRPG stuff too, like LoX and Darkest Dungeon recently.
Quill18 also has another channel which tackles game programming in Unity and also streams his Ludum Dare participations, if you're into that.

Other than that I rather watch LCS streams or other LOL streamers, like Wingsofdeathx. Lots to learn from this guy.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Feel free to judge me as much as you desire since I don't give a fuck about it anyways.

Edit:
I haven't got a single subscription on youtube
Is this the 2015 version of people saying "I don't even own a TV" to let everyone know how sophisticated they are?

Last edited:

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
And I wouldn't be surprised if you're a poor lonely bastard that needs to look down on other people's interests and habits in order to feel less miserable about his own pity life, but fails to recognize that this behavior eventually just irritates those people whose acknowledgement he is seeking so badly beneath his tough shell.

But anyways, this is not my problem. C U Bro!

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I don't really watch a lot of these kind of channels as I mostly restrict my time to official promo materials (read: cinematic trailers and official gameplay videos).
Still, I'm really thrilled when I find someone who isn't a complete dumbfuck and actually knows a thing or two about games in general.

So I've just stumbled upon a guy called [URL='https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuNiKQcJLXppWgheljJv7KQ']HyperBitHero[/url].

He made a great analysis of TLOU AI and got a bunch of angry comments from butthurt fans.

He also made accurate predictions on The Order 1886.

Not bad, would probably fit pretty well in codex weeboo section. :salute:

Astral Rag

Arcane
cool LGR vids

Maybe it wouldn't be a terrible idea if an enterprising Admin replaced the Shoutbox with a link to the new and improved Codex AOL Chat Room. The index page would look a lot cleaner and moving the chat to AOL would take a massive load of the server.

Last edited:

Alfons

Prophet
VaatiVidya Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2 and Demon's Souls
Nice trolling. Saying that is a channel is like saying that American Pie is a franchise. The motherfucker has one melodramatic video that he reports every once in a while with a different theme.
https://www.youtube.com/user/retsupurae lot of shit that refresh you, somewhat.
Goddamn. I never realized retsupurae isn't hipster shit.
I used to check that retard's sub count once a week. At one point it seemed like he was actually going to die out. But the internet didn't fail to disappoint, he had a new influx of retards in the last few month. Probably another batch of socially awkward and generally unspectacular faggots turned 13 recently.

Last edited:

Tehdagah

Arcane
I don't really watch a lot of these kind of channels as I mostly restrict my time to official promo materials (read: cinematic trailers and official gameplay videos).
Still, I'm really thrilled when I find someone who isn't a complete dumbfuck and actually knows a thing or two about games in general.

So I've just stumbled upon a guy called HyperBitHero.

He made a great analysis of TLOU AI and got a bunch of angry comments from butthurt fans.

He also made accurate predictions on The Order 1886.

Not bad, would probably fit pretty well in codex weeboo section. :salute:

The TLOU analysis is incline compared to his recurrent artfaggotry.

There's some problems, though. Comparing the "AI" of Yakuza (a game with arcadish enemy pattern) with TLOU makes no sense. The enemies in TLOU were supposed to act like humans, not like your typical mechanical videogame enemy. Of course it failed, because realistic human AI doesn't work properly in videogames. It barely works in other applications.

Kraszu

Prophet

It is more like a show then just a gaming channel, they aren't good at playing games, but some of it is pretty funny, and the things that they do outside of games are funny/amousing as well.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
And they made Kickstarter project to make some MMO shovelware. IIRC They received enormous amount of cash from kids, show some crap, shut it down and run away. So yeah...
Outsourcing or not, still stink.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
And from that project they lost tens of thousands of dollars almost straight out the gate when they hired an artist and forgot to put language in his contract specifying when he could legally stop working on the project, leading to him working on it for two weeks and then legally walking out with his $35,000 lump sum payment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom