Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

Codex Year of the Donut

I vaguely remember this game. It was the game where a bunch of euro gaming websites published reviews... before a single review copy was sent out. Turns out they were all pirating leaked games to prepare reviews for them far before release therefore creating reviews based on game builds the public would never experience.

overambitious games are the best kind, btw. good video.

Wunderbar

Arcane
This game's control scheme was a total mess on PC... there was a dedicated blinking button for some reason, and in order to let go of the rope during climbing you had to press PrintScreen.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Releasing reviews once in a blue moon, too busy with STALKER Anomaly challenge (no shops, only crafting) which drags on for year(s).

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Skipping first game?

Good, it's overrated anyway

_NrwybMr6Ks.jpg

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Yeah, I think Warlockracy is by far the most Codex-Adjacent of the modern ReviewTuber sphere. Being an apparent NMA veteran is another thing also I view as a positive attention-draw.

If there were ever going to be one poor schmuck to take upon themselves the task of distilling The Legend of Grimoire into a single, digestible YouTube video for the modern consuming public, I think it's going to be him.

Vatnik Wumao
Any retrospectivefag with a similar voice to NeverKnowsBest? Guy's vids work well as background noise when trying to fall asleep))

Baron Dupek

Arcane
^
props for him for trying old game from pre-Oblivion era
This proves that some old games aren't that bad to deal with for modern smoothbrains

Another long one

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
His voice is back to normal?

Edit:

Halfway through, but I have to comment on his disdain for alternative paths in HR. Sure, as he says, you can go back and explore everything for maximum XP and that sucks, but I think he forgets that not everyone plays to maximize XP gain. Personally I try to avoid degenerate gameplay like that, so to me all these alternative paths are great, and make for good replayability.

Edit 2:

Oh, it's an old video. Thought it was new.

Last edited:

flyingjohn

Arcane
but I have to comment on his disdain for alternative paths in HR
The counterpoint for invisible war rewarding exploration is completely moot because the game is so small you will stumble upon the stuff you need.
And speaking of his hate for Hr,the "deus ex fanfiction" critique is literally a problem with invisible war.
Almost all of the characters are throwbacks to the first game even when they don't make any sense.They are just included for fan service.
I am not even gonna go into the zoomer mentality of "1-2 SKILLS ARE USELESS THEREFORE SKILL SYSTEM BAD".
It is even more funnier because you can apply the same logic to IW weapon mod systems(some combinations are useless).

Him also loving universal ammo is just him putting on a " I am retarded" hat with a matching t-shirt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom