Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good RPG or Action RPG for xbox

Lumpy

Arcane
Couldn't we just call Thief a Stealth game?

Blacklung

Arbiter
The geological, topographical, theological pancake
Man, Shalebridge gave me the creeps with those...well whatever the fuck those staggering creatures were. They reminded me too much of the movements the little girl made in "The Ring." (I remember not being able to sleep that night because the TV was at the foot of my bed...just staring at me.)

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
If you DIDN'T love the Cradle you are a sick, useless fuck with no decent taste. The Cradle was, as I can only ever repeat countlessly, the best level ever made. In any game I ever played. And trust me, folks, I played many, many games.

In this case, de gustibus EST disputandum.

denizsi

Arcane

Hmm.. never occured to me, heh. I do believe that the FP perspective also gave it a different feel though. How does T-DS fare in this regard? Does it feel like the previous games, in design and gameplay?

Lumpy

Arcane
denizsi said:

Hmm.. never occured to me, heh. I do believe that the FP perspective also gave it a different feel though. How does T-DS fare in this regard? Does it feel like the previous games, in design and gameplay?
Stealth is too narrow a genre to have to separate it into sub-genders.
Heck, there would be about as many sub-genres as there are games.

Twinfalls

Erudite
kingcomrade said:
I'm pretty sure I told you to buy Psychonauts instead. Why is this discussion still alive?

Because the OP asked for a good 'RPG or Action RPG', and Psychonauts is a platformer.

The Hedonist

Novice
The Watchman said:
The Hedonist said:
I have played just about every game for the xbox... TES: Morrowind... Fable... Deus Ex: The Invisible War (I know the first one is better!)

...i give up, i wish i could write something usefull, but you lack any kind of taste and the fact that you have a xbox show you got no brain either.

Wow, you must have a little dick because you have nothing to say but mindless bullshit. I have many good PC games, but that wasn't my question dumbfuck. I was asking about good xbox games. I didn't want to get into this but since you have nothing better to do then troll forums looking to kick people in the mouth I'll tell you. I am to house sit for a friend in Oregon, and he has a shitty PC. I was just looking for some cool games to kill time.

BTW, I have played Jade Empire but the complete lack of an item system, and the incessant banter from people drives me crazy. Everyone talks so slowly in that game that I go nuts. I have also played Farenheit, and every other game that has been mentioned except for Arx Fatalis . . . but I have heard great things about it.

To everyone who gave constructive feedback I thank you!
To Hardcore, TheGreatGodPain and you other assholes, you are gonna die alone.

God I love this forum!
The Hedonist

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
You can complete the original Deus Ex without ever using any skills, any augs, or ever putting anything into your inventory. They originally intended for it to be possible to complete it without ever attacking anybody, but there wound up being a few important characters they required you to eliminate. Anna Navarre is supposed to be one, although people have found a trick unanticipated by the designers that allows them to let her live, and Gunther's dialogue later in the game surprisingly reflects this fact. I am not sure whether the game can be completed without attacking Howard Strong, but I think that is the case. In the sequel you can either kill/attack no characters at all (although some characters will die if you do not save them) or you can kill EVERY character. Doing the former allows for only the AposteCorp ending and doing the later allows for only the Renegade ending.

Zomg

Arbiter
Most people go with the Helios ending.

I did, too. My reasoning was that, eventually, someone was going to take up this God-mantle, and now is as good a chance as any for it to end up falling into the hands of someone both partly human and nondiabolical. The Illuminati ending seems like the compromised, analog version of the Helios ending, and the Tracer Tong ending is just procrastination and putting off the inevitable for a few more generations, coupled with a lot of immediate privation and death.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Jasede said:
If you DIDN'T love the Cradle you are a sick, useless fuck with no decent taste. The Cradle was, as I can only ever repeat countlessly, the best level ever made. In any game I ever played. And trust me, folks, I played many, many games.

In this case, de gustibus EST disputandum.

Nono, the other way around. I AM disputing your taste if you didn't like the Cradle, because frankly, something must be wrong with you in that.

denizsi

Arcane
TheGreatGodPan said:

Isn't that like playing the game for a few times first, experimenting and learning in and outs of it and only then doing your best to play that way, ie. not exactly a supported game mechanic from get-go? So, isn't it gimmicky at best?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom