Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Gothic 2 mad loving at Computer Games Romania

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Gothic II

<a href="http://www.computergames.ro/">Computer Games Romania</a> has done and posted up <A href="http://www.computergames.ro/articole.php?optiune=show_review&review=250">a big ass review</a> of <a href="http://www.gothic2.com">Gothic 2</a>, that wacky German made choppy-choppy CRPG which I've heard great things about. Here's a taste:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Although the story is not that great because there are some clichés the quests are much diversified and even stunning. Sometimes you are indeed sent from a character to another but in how many games have you satisfied the weed addiction of a NPC or assisted to a remake of the famous Cain and Abel scene? Only in Ultima IX: Ascension, Mafia, Largo Winch: Empire under Threat and now in Gothic 2 you get to sleep with a woman and scene is doubled by a very nice and suggestive movie. I wasn't disturbed by the fact that some quests I didn?t finish didn't pass immediately to the failed section but by the fact that when entering the sixth chapter which is the last one also all the current quests went away as they've never existed and I couldn't do anything in order to go back and deal with them.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Some people need to date more.
<br>
<br>
Spotted this at <A href="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</a>.

Flarnet

Liturgist
For a game that's not even out yet, sites sure do post a lot of spoiler info in plain sight.

Binary

Liturgist
Game is out on all countries but USA. You americans always think that the world ends on your eastern coast ;)

The english version was released about a fortnight ago but the german version is already out since January

I have a friend who really loved Gothic 1 and says this one is more of the same. I'll give it a try eventually.

Flarnet

Liturgist
I'm not american, and I'm certainly not from the USA. I was posting on behalf of those who:

1. Have not yet had the time to play Gothic 2.

2. Prefer to wait for at least one patch before playing a game.

DrattedTin

Liturgist
There probably won't be a patch, since the english version incorporates all the german patches.

GreenNight

Liturgist
Saint_Proverbius said:
Only in Ultima IX: Ascension, Mafia, Largo Winch: Empire under Threat and now in Gothic 2 you get to sleep with a woman and scene is doubled by a very nice and suggestive movie.
What?? and what about our all time favourites Fallout, Fallout 2 and Arcanum. Or you mean seeing something? Like in another RPG (ok, lame RPG) Cobra Mision (and it was interactive too!!), well.. also in Knights of Xentar. And in tons of hentai games too.

These people that generalise are all dumbasses (yes, I have noticed my generalization :wink: I'm also one)

DrattedTin

Liturgist
I think he meant the Cain & Abel Scene (which was admittedly pretty funny).

Binary

Liturgist
Flarnet said:
I'm not american, and I'm certainly not from the USA.

Sorry, I assumed you were from the previous sentence :)

BTW even Ultima 7 part 1 and 2, and Morrowind had romantic scenes.

Sabotai

Liturgist
Computer Games Romania really needs to employ a native speaking English editor for their English reviews, mainly to improve their sentence structure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom