Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Gothic 3 gets an Expansion

Sir_Brennus

Scholar
skyway said:
Let me get this straight: Beth hasn't done anything to Fallout yet, because there is still no Fallout 3.
it's like Brother None never existed

What is your Problem with Dawn of War? Aren't the ADD-INs (Soulstorm et al) any good? I don't know, because I think the WH40k scenario is seriously gay. I bought DoW for about 6€ but never came around to install it.
should I really answer now?

BTW: I actually trust ANYONE more with the Gothic franchise than the lobotomized minions of D(r)eck13/Pirhania Bytes. Even monkeys with typewriters.
BTW: this is just in - PB created Gothic franchise. it's shocking I know.

Attempt at selective quoting: MAJOR EPIC FAILURE.

I wrote that Bethesda hasn't done anything to Fallout yet. I didn't say anything about the future. Learn to read, dyslexic. Even Brother None tries to be as objective as possible about *how* bad FO3 will turn out. But maybe you don't know that, because single digit IQ heroes are not allowed at the NMA.

An advice regarding DoW: If you are not able to make a point - better remain silent!

BTW: Just in: The guys that created Might and Magic fucked up MM9. The guys that created Magic Candle Book 1 fucked up Magic Candle 2. The guys that created ...

EDIT: In regard to my movie analogy from before: You are possibly the only person on the planet that thinks it was a good idea to have George Lucas direct all three prequels.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I wrote that Bethesda hasn't done anything to Fallout yet. I didn't say anything about the future. Learn to read, dyslexic. Even Brother None tries to be as objective as possible about *how* bad FO3 will turn out. But maybe you don't know that, because single digit IQ heroes are not allowed at the NMA.
probably because that's why you've missed the NMA FO3 presentation review where BN wrote what Beth already -did- to F3 which he saw with his own eyes. not mentioning that bunch of FO3 previews which constantly tells how much retarded every single thing in FO3 is. and not mentioning VD's quotes from that bunch.

An advice regarding DoW: If you are not able to make a point - better remain silent!
self-advices are always a good start. you've saved me time to write something about how one addon is different from another for DoW when you never came around to install it.

EDIT: In regard to my movie analogy from before: You are possibly the only person on the planet that thinks it was a good idea to have George Lucas direct all three prequels.
with only one little difference. I don't fucking care about George Lucas and SW prequels.

but in case you didn't get my idea with DoW and FO3 examples - I will expain. the problem is that both franchises were given to developers with a very shitty or non-existent track record which had bad consequences. which is the same in case with Gothic now except we didn't see the consequences yet - but I doubt the game will be anything but a failure.

Sir_Brennus

Scholar
Okay, slow that you can read my lips:

This is about a Gothic Add-on or Add-in. Nothing like a sequel. The team will improve the POS that PB/D13 created - because there is no way that they can do worse than PB. It is similar to MM-Swords of Xeen or DS:LoA.

Was that slow enough for you?

EDIT: If you fail to understand an analogy, please don't *try* so hard to look cool, please, please with sugar on top?

2. EDIT: Regarding your stuttering about the NMA and Brother None (playing with the big boys, eh :wink: ) read http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42002!

Brother None said:
Sounds good

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
What's with all the nerd rage, Brennus? As far as i know, Piranhas are alright, except being prone to bugs. G3 *was* a dissapointment, but it was still miles better, than any other pseudo rpg shit that came out at that time.
And Spellbound? Who the fuck are they?

bat_boro

Arcane
Sir_Brennus, ok, please explain to me why do you hate Pb so much?
I mean, surely, there are a lot of people that were disappointed by Gothic 3, but that doesn't really make the game a bad game in my opinion - it was just different from the previous but not bad, really. Buggy - yeah. But still fun though.

And yeah, from that perspective I can see why one would hate Pb. But everyone can make a mistake, right? Not that I'm defending them, really, I'm just curious why do you hate them so much. And it seems you dislike them not just because G3, but for some other reason as well. Why so?

MetalCraze

Arcane
oh he just bitches for the sake of it. I like how some people forget that fact that license already belonged to jowood which said "do G3 in a limited amount of time or gtfo".
it shows what great C&C you can have at jowood.

denizsi

Arcane
Speaking about the "broken" combat in G3, here's an excerpt from a recent (April 14) interview with PB about their next project:

11. The combat system in Gothic 3 received a lot of negative criticism. Have you changed something and what will the combat system look like in RPB Project?

Mike Hoge, our lead game-designer built a new fight system from the ground up. The criticism for G3 had quite an effect on him. And at the moment, he seems quite happy with the result – lets hope the players will feel that way also.

Fez

Erudite
JoWood have terrible QC and always seem bad at patching and keeping the fans happy.

ecliptic

Liturgist
I'm not expecting great things. PB are the only ones quaified to handle a Gothic game.

bgillisp

Scholar
I predict that they will wait in line.

That's exactly what they did in Gothic 3. Go and attack all the orcs in town, they will hit you one at a time, with the others waiting. There were rare cases *cough* spellcasters *cough*, but with the stun lock in combats in that game, it was the only way to make the fights doable.

Oarfish

Prophet
NOTR combat was damn hard with decent AI. Combats with multiple opponents were just not viable until late in the game. Its amazing how badly they got it wrong in G3.

doctor_kaz

Scholar
The combat in the game wasn't that great, but Gothic 3 had some other major problems too. The piss poor engine that constantly hiccups and locks up is a bigger issue and the game has lots of boring content.

GeneralSamov

Prophet
doctor_kaz said:
The combat in the game wasn't that great, but Gothic 3 had some other major problems too. The piss poor engine that constantly hiccups and locks up is a bigger issue and the game has lots of boring content.

It wasn't optimized, but it isn't that bad either. Actually with a little bit of tweaking, you can get good performance with relatively good graffix, it's just (or rather mostly) that for the major part the devs cut time on testing and left the settings unchanged (and they tested it on kickass computers, so no wonder the game lagged/lags on most systems).

Still, I'm not defending neither PB nor JW.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom