Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Gothic Sequel, cancelled Gothic 1 expansion

Discussion in 'Piranha Bytes' started by Junmarko, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Master Arbiter

Master
    Morrowindfag detected

^ Top  
  2. Junmarko Goomba Patron

Junmarko
    I have already convinced two of my most stubborn friends to play Gothic 1 & 2 because of Durmin Paradox - great series.

The Forsaken Gods review had me in shock, glad I never experienced the game myself. Can't believe they left "praying-to-the-shrines" as a means of SP allocation, despite the gods being banished. Fucking JoWood. Lol...

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=1320

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Junmarko Goomba Patron

Junmarko
    Well if I could change one thing about Gothic 2, it would be the Dragons, that's for sure. The whole "demoralising" atmosphere that's presented here was also something that would have made Gothic 2 that much more unique.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae
    hahahaahno
    I can imagine potato and russian modders literaly devouring this pile of coded trash to use in their own pathetic mods without credits in readmes. That's why people want it out, that's why original devs keep it closed. The only way to leak it is the Magoth?, rusian Gothic mod/admin/modder drop something.

^ Top  
  6. Any feedback from people who beat The Returning 2.0 or got far enough?

^ Top  
  7. Demondays Literate

Demondays
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae
    Must be a joke?
    Potato hakiers making a day, lmao kurwa...

Few months later and here is response.

It. Will. Never. Be. Finished.

They are working on sort of add-on for Returning 2.0 despite the enormous size of the mod itself.
    That's right, they create even more content in the unfinished pile of code. It brings more bugs and errors. Should focus and finish Ret 2.0 but nope.

You can pick any version of Ret 2.0 with english machine translation and finish it (reach chapter 7 where orks invaded city of Khorinis) and even finish most of mod content (new guilds, maps...).

^ Top  
  9. flabbyjack Arcane

flabbyjack
    King Rhobar has a daughter? Now I feel bad about killing him in Gothic 3.

^ Top  
  10. I played R2.0 to ch.6 as Necro, it was great. A megaton of issues from bugs to balance but the good parts - the exploration, challenge, atmosphere etc. were all there is spades. A massive improvement over R1.0.

One of the best mods I played, for sure.

An update should be coming as well next year adding a new continent.

^ Top  
  11. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae
    New continent??
    Damn, they add a lot of new locations and maps and then - new continent. Well damn.
    But still does not change the fact that it's a bugridden mess that will receive even less fixes because team is focused on more content.

^ Top  
  12. Demondays Literate

Demondays
    Its real. Im just playing it.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Sort of true, still very playable/enjoyable with a walkthrough and forum help. I got ~160h of fun out of it on my and only (unfinished) playthrough.

^ Top  
  14. HoboForEternity sunset tequila Patron

HoboForEternity
    anyway, still talking about gothic, how is that velaya mod for gothic 2?

^ Top  
  15. Sjukob Arcane

Sjukob
    Yeah it's really fun to kill bosses with 75k hp that can kill you in seconds like this one .
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Or this one
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

or even this one
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

I've played to chapter 5 and got tired of endless fighting , but I think I've seen enough to write some sort of small review about it , too bad I'm too lazy to do it . But may be I'll do it one day . But to whoever reads this and wants short summary - this mod is a very mixed bag with some things being done good and very good and other things being either bad or horrible , it's really heavy on fighting and if you want to play this mod properly ( hard difficulty of above ) you will have to do plenty of grinding , because game got a lot harder . This mods adds a good amount of interesting items , mechanics and locations , but they aren't that well implemented and are hard/impossible to figure out without a guide , oh and the bugs and glithces are there too ... yeah .
    It doesn't help that the author's position in the world looks like this
    [​IMG]
    And even after a lot of people pointed out obvious issues they still didn't get fixed . It's a real shame as the mod has a lot of potential .

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Azgalor and his location by difficulty are meant to be the last ones for you to face before sailing off to Ch.6 - he drops the strongest staff you can get before Irdorath. You can do it earlier, but that's like bee-lining for the Plateau in Ch.2 (which I tried, silly me) - you're gonna have a bad time. I used meteor scroll tactic there, wasn't a pushover and still more fun than any G2/R1 "challenges". The wraith boss with life-drain attack in the necropolis took more tries IIRC.

Others are for optional "supermegachallenge" location, no? My Necro got destroyed there (66r2, nerfed demons and other stuff) - which is fine, since it's only meant for the strongest builds to test their mettle.

Not saying the mod is perfect or anything - I gave up by Ch.6, it was just too much work digging through 10k hp lizardmen. Still, amazing work. The fun exploring new areas, massive dungeons, new spells and tactics, bosses that weren't a pushover etc. far outweighed the hassle of bugs, glitches, having to use a walkthrough to not fuck up quests etc.

^ Top  
  17. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Just stumbled on to this... why can't PB work on this instead of shit like ELEX?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. HoboForEternity sunset tequila Patron

HoboForEternity
    but ELEX will be best!

ELEX is the incline

• [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Murk Arcane

Murk
    Bit late but eh, this video covers the screenshots you showed (some, anyway):

(skip to 18:45 if my time queue doesn't work)

Basically, the northern portion of the valley of mines from G1 near the old mine had an extra area that was cut out. Apparently in game the area is oddly "artificial" looking in the way the mountain encloses it (with a road leading directly into a dead end), and in the original version there was a path/fence there that may have been an exit/entrance into the valley of mines.

This youtube has some p good info, and their mod actually looks promising (and huge).

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Why, are daughters so much better than sons? Do you really put persons like Scrooge on such a high pedestal?

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.