Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Grand Theft Auto VI - PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S (2025)

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

My bet she will ugly and black with no tits or ass.

If she looks and dresses like Megan Thee Stallion Im happy :bounce:

Megan_Thee_Stallion_in_2021.jpg

:notsureifserious:

SlamDunk

Arcane

These bits made me lose all interest in GTA6 and also Rockstar, in general. Another one bites the dust... then again, the signs were already there in Red Dead Redemption 2.

However, much of the report focuses on progressive changes at Rockstar in recent years, including a more inclusive office culture [...] one source said Rockstar was “a boys’ club transformed into a real company.”

The report also points to a more progressive mindset at the company in narrative terms, too. Bloomberg says that a mode called Cops 'n' Crooks was shelved before release following the 2020 police killing of George Floyd, and has not been considered for release since. The company is also focusing on making fewer jokes in GTA that 'punch down' at marginalized groups.

BruceVC

Magister

These bits made me lose all interest in GTA6 and also Rockstar, in general. Another one bites the dust... then again, the signs were already there in Red Dead Redemption 2.

However, much of the report focuses on progressive changes at Rockstar in recent years, including a more inclusive office culture [...] one source said Rockstar was “a boys’ club transformed into a real company.”

The report also points to a more progressive mindset at the company in narrative terms, too. Bloomberg says that a mode called Cops 'n' Crooks was shelved before release following the 2020 police killing of George Floyd, and has not been considered for release since. The company is also focusing on making fewer jokes in GTA that 'punch down' at marginalized groups.

Thats also my concern now with GTA6, they using big words instead of saying wokeness

But lets wait and see, I want to believe they will deliver but the moment I hear words like " progressive changes " I immediately lose faith in what GTA as a franchise stands for. Its not suppose to be politically correct and SJWish , thats part of the fun

orcinator

Liturgist
Guess they're are going with GTA VIce.

My dad who works at rockstar confirmed that most of the game will be a manual labor simulator so you can understand the characters' motivation for turning to crime (When that happens only 60% of the game will consist of boring minigames).

Ladonna

Arcane
There will probably be missions to rob Drumpf and governor stand ins, along with constant lampooning of them on the radio and TV.

Zlaja

Arcane
Quality satire will never be done in a modern GTA, because 90 % of all type of deranged absurdity in today's american society is the handiwork of today's liberals. And the american entertainment industry (controlled by said liberals) doesn't find it amusing satirizing their peers and the clown show they themselves are responsible for.

And even if someone tried, it would be hard to come up with absurd stuff that hasn't already become normalized in real life.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Grand Theft Auto V's characters are all so unenjoyable to control. Why can't Rockstar design good movement again? The cars too. Don't care for the overly tight arcade handling. The cutscenes are unfunny.

I don't have a problem with a foid MC. I was actually quite surprised they didn't have one in previous games already. However, I don't trust them to write her as a total piece of shit (like all gta characters ought to be). Instead she'll likely be a yasqueening lesbo-feminist mary sue with redeemable qualities and righteous crusade (like that nigger in mafia 3). The "punching down" comment only foreshadows that.

Guess they're are going with GTA VIce.

My dad who works at rockstar confirmed that most of the game will be a manual labor simulator so you can understand the characters' motivation for turning to crime (When that happens only 60% of the game will consist of boring minigames).

Wasn't the rumor that they were doing everything, kind of like the first game? Wouldn't be too surprised if that turned out true given that'd be good for the online aspect; which is where they make the majority of there money on these now. Shit, they make so much for money on the GTA Online, I'm almost surprised they aren't just doing GTA6 as free-to-play; they'd probably make even more money that way than the enormous amounts of money they made with GTA5.

Machocruz

Arcane
I hope the activities follow suit. Darts was still too aggressive, even if you weren't committing mass murder in Rampage mode like those obscene GTA games of old. I look forward to Tea Time, Bridge Club, and taking selfies for my social media accounts in game. Yosh!

It'd be nice if the minigames were actually good. The kind of money Rockstar has to throw around, and does throw around, there's no reason the Yakuza games (which I'm pretty sure are kind of low budget) should have better minigames and better versions of the same minigames. Rockstar has the money that the arcade games in bars and stuff could actually just be full real games made specifically for the game. What they spend, they could have the best pool game on the market inside their open world sandbox driving and shooting game.

I wonder if the old Sega Virtua Tennis game even cost a million dollars to make?

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Quality satire will never be done in a modern GTA, because 90 % of all type of deranged absurdity in today's american society is the handiwork of today's liberals. And the american entertainment industry (controlled by said liberals) doesn't find it amusing satirizing their peers and the clown show they themselves are responsible for.

And even if someone tried, it would be hard to come up with absurd stuff that hasn't already become normalized in real life.
Dont worry instead you will be getting a bunch of jokes at the expense of Republicans and Christians, you will a mission to stop January 6 like insurrection, one of the bad guys will look like Trump and our sassy latina will constantly comment about immigration while killing ICE agents.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
GTA 3 flying > San Andreas flying > GTA 5 flying > Saint Rows or whatever it's called.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom