Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Greedfall II: The Dying World coming to Early Access on September 24th

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Greedfall II: The Dying World; Nacon; Spiders

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1997660/view/4245287299554888114

Dear Carants,

Before the summer break, we have some great news to share with you! You have been eagerly waiting for it, and it is now time to reveal it.

GreedFall 2: The Dying World’s early access will release on September 24!

Until the early access releases, there are many exciting things you can look forward to. You can expect to learn more about the game in August when we will present a new Gameplay video. Then, in September, before the start of the early access, we plan to host another Community Livestream where we will reveal new exciting information along with the updated Road Map and answer your questions.

To celebrate all of this, we are organizing an event on our Discord server, and until the official release we may have other surprises in store. So come join us!

Cheers and happy gaming!​

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Hahaha. The woman's face looks like an unholy mix of Elex II and Horizon with some Down syndrome sprinkled on top. Westies have lost the fucking plot, instead of showcasing beauty through art, they focus on the ugliest shit possible.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
30 hour eurojank rpgs blowing their loads prematurely just to get a cash injection and then scratching their heads when the full release gets lackluster sales. Early access is lame and I won't be supporting it, not just out of principle but also because the first game isnt that good that they should feel comfortable doing this sort of nonsense.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
First time spiders is going the early access route? I guess their Marie Antoinette la Marionette game didn't do so well.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Is the first one worth playing?
Depends. Have you played any of their previous games? It is exactly like that.
I remember playing Mars: War Logs a decade ago, and while the game was mediocre overall, it seemed to have some potential, both in gameplay and story. At that time I thought their main problems were the lack of a proper funding and maybe experience.
But then they've released Bound by Flame, and it was pretty much an identical game, whith zero progress in anything, aknowledgement of mistakes or any noticeable attempt in experimentation.
Then came the Technomancer, then the Greedfall... you get the picture.
It is as if they've found some ideal game formula and see no reason to change anything. Only they didn't.
Their games sell because we get maybe 1-2 high profile RPGs a year and half the time they are shit, but otherwise, it's a meh tier.

Last edited:

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
I like greedfall 1 but a lot of it was from the novely of the setting and the general aesthetic, all atop serviceable old biowarian trappings (dragon age origins-jade empire specifically over say, bg1 or 2).

Hearing you are going to play one of the natives exploring the strange world of the probably evil euros (to be fair 1st game didnt go this route so hopefully wont be the case but such is the spirit of our times...) dampens my enthusiasm a bit but i'm willing to give it a try, spiderz is a fun eurojank studio to root for.
And native savage mc or not, if i can still wear cool euro clothes and fancy hats clad in spanish conquistador armor i'll be very happy.
Officially expect much more from this then dragon age 3 that's for sure.

HammyTheFat

Scholar
Is the first one worth playing?
Depends. Have you played any of their previous games? It is exactly like that.
I never finished greedfall (the dodge - roll - fire musket - dodge roll until musket ready to shoot again - repeat, combat got boring) but did they wrap up the ending?

I remember in Bound by Flame I was really annoyed that they hype up the 'necromancers' the entire game and then you kill one out of half a dozen and the game ends after you deal with your seething inner demon. Only thing I can compliment that game on is the soundtrack.

REhorror

Educated
Man, it's so crappy how German and Polish developers seem to degrade over the years, remember Deck13, they made the Surge which was breddy gud, then they make some sandy games, like wtf?

Is it due to the wars, all the talents leaving?

Even CDPR is now more like a publishing company than a game studio, they are even using UE5 and setting up shop in Shaytan land.

Fargus

Arcane
Haven't made a single good rpg and yet they are still around to keep shitting out their bioware knock-off garbage that looks worse with every new game.

flushfire

Augur
Except this one is needlessly prolonged by the open world and fetch quests. Every Spiders game is wonky, but Greedfall is also tedious.
I played and enjoyed almost all their games and all of them are tedious in one way or another to be honest. They're notorious for padding their games with backtracking and respawning enemies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom