Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Grid Cartographer - Best Tool for Drawing Classic RPG Maps

Hidden Asbestos

Grid Cartographer
Developer
Grid Cartographer v1.4.2 now available: http://www.davidwaltersdevelopment.com/tools/gridcart/ Enjoy!

Changes:

* PRO: Note editing toolbar.
* PRO: Map Labels. Toggle a note into a label with the 'label' option on the note toolbar.
* PRO: Added Close button to the note toolbar as a mouse based alternative to <ESC>
* PRO: Map labels added to export (if View > Labels is enabled).

* ADDED: View minor grid lines toggle.
* ADDED: Click outside of the start / new-map dialog to dismiss it.
* ADDED: 'Eraser' text label on toolbar.
* ADDED: Additional information, when importing, about how custom tiles are divided into full color and tinted monochrome.
* ADDED: Help text information about Ctrl+<Return> shortcut to quickly add multiple notes.

* CHANGED: Theme change and zoom in/out now allowed during note editing.

* FIXED: Stroke option on toolbar now only works with a valid marked area. Edit > Stroke menu unaffected.
* FIXED: Excessive blurring on VDU theme.
* FIXED: Undo to before a custom tile set was imported now clears any selected custom tile from the ground brush.
* FIXED: Not absorbing clicks on the toolbar in note mode - causing the note cursor to move.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Your productivity is high enough that we should pair you up with Cleve or something :salute:

Hidden Asbestos

Grid Cartographer
Developer
Update v1.4.3 is available for the PC build. The focus here has been on user interface and image export improvements. Enjoy!

LINK: http://www.davidwaltersdevelopment.com/tools/gridcart/

CHANGES:

* PRO: Dedicated note and label tools on toolbar. Toggle with View > Toolbar > Note Tools
* PRO: Image export area now extends out to include whole major grid tiles.
* PRO: Axis values now exported to image, respecting the current settings / visibility
* PRO: Fixed exported image not respecting the 'limit grid' option.
* PRO: Added label tool to brush selection popup.
* PRO: Allow zooming and 'center view' during use of move tool or pasting.

* ADDED: Option to View > Toolbar to show or hide the note/label toolbar section.
* ADDED: Mouse Wheel Zoom option. Disable to use the mouse wheel for floor changing.

* CHANGED: Clearer 'dark' icon on brush selection menu and tool bar.
* CHANGED: Split note and label menu options.
* CHANGED: Disabled wall and door drawing in note and label modes.

Hidden Asbestos

Grid Cartographer
Developer
Grid Cartographer v1.4.4 has now been released at the usual place here: http://www.davidwaltersdevelopment.com/tools/gridcart/

This update is for Windows, Android and also marks the official release of the Linux version.

The main change is related to block based doors. You can now draw them over the top of terrain tiles and wall blocks.

Enjoy :)

Your productivity is high enough that we should pair you up with Cleve or something :salute:
I think he heard you ;-)

Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You are my hero Crooked {and quite possibly a mind reader}.

I was seriously looking for this yesterday - but could not remember the name ---

Thanks

Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron
Posts like my previous one are what happen when a person exits Forum life for 2 years. Internet senility.

Anyhoo.

Was hoping to fire up Pro version for a real attempt {serious this time - grrr - game face} at Dark Heart of Uukrul.

PayPal tells me it can not deliver the goods internationally.

Is there a physical good delivered w/ Pro version?

Or does the developer not want to provide communists with Grid Cartographer?

Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron
Scratch above PayPal issue - A VPN allowed me to complete PayPal order - thank you

Hidden Asbestos

Grid Cartographer
Developer
Scratch above PayPal issue - A VPN allowed me to complete PayPal order - thank you
I'm not sure why that happened, or where you're originating from, but I'm glad you got it sorted. Nothing physical about this thing and I've certainly no problem with where you live but perhaps California based FormSpring has restrictions? I'm just guessing, ho hum. Thanks for the support :)

Hidden Asbestos

Grid Cartographer
Developer
Hi everyone, I've just released v1.4.7.

Link: http://www.davidwaltersdevelopment.com/tools/gridcart/

Change Log:

* FIXED: Notes becoming detached from tiles when rotating a selection.
* FIXED: Start dialog is now dismissed if loading a map from the command line.
* FIXED: Drawing a custom tile over a block based door would create new walls.
* FIXED: Not reseting ground brush when loading new file, potentially leaving an invalid custom brush setting.
* FIXED: Rotation and Flip menu commands causing the move/paste mode to stop.
* LINUX: Fixed bug where menu entries may not be correctly disabled.

v1.4.6 changes:

* PRO: Added 'blue on white' premium theme.
* CHANGED: Tweaked the other themes a little.

* FIXED: Errors with edge walls when rotating.
* FIXED: Rotating or flipping any type of one-way door now correctly preserves direction.
* FIXED: Clearing a marked area adjacent to a block based door may have deleted it.
* FIXED: Cut or Copying from a marked area adjacent to a block based door may have included it.

- Enjoy :)

Hidden Asbestos

Grid Cartographer
Developer
<insert shower of fireworks> or something equally dramatic for the following announcement:

I've started work on v2. I have a thread on my forum with a bit more information (unfortunately I'm not quite ready to show pictures of the new user interface just yet). I would love to get your feedback and suggestions for what direction you'd like to see the project head. However you want to get your ideas across is fine by me :)

Hidden Asbestos, gotta say this is pretty cool for doing house floor plans.
Thanks! (please seek the advice of a qualified architect before you begin construction ;-))

Hidden Asbestos

Grid Cartographer
Developer
gc2-ui-alpha-3-doors-50pct.png

Doors Galore in Grid Cartographer 2.

http://www.davidwaltersdevelopment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1283&p=1480#p1480

Hidden Asbestos

Grid Cartographer
Developer

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Here's an update showing the new diagonal walls and doors feature of v2

gc2-ui-alpha-4-diags-50pct.png

http://www.davidwaltersdevelopment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1283&p=1481#p1481

I'll buy it straight away if it's on steam, even though I have a copy already.
Thanks for the support folks! I'll probably look into Greenlight once v2 is complete, out the door and the dust has settled a bit.
Diagonal walls and doors?! :yeah:

You know if you Kickstarted v2 you could bring in a bucket full of $$$s. You wouldn't even need to have many tiers, just a few like a "basic", "deluxe", and "boxed" version. Yeah, I know a boxed version really isn't necessarily :oops: but even having $5 and $10-$15 tiers would generate quite a bit. Then once it's finished you sell it on Steam and retire early :D Seriously, KS people would eat this up and they throw around tons of money for far less than you're offering.

Monty

Arcane
You know if you Kickstarted v2 you could bring in a bucket full of $$$s. You wouldn't even need to have many tiers, just a few like a "basic", "deluxe", and "boxed" version. Yeah, I know a boxed version really isn't necessarily :oops: .

:lol:
Your addiction to "boxed" versions knows no bounds.

Hidden Asbestos

Grid Cartographer
Developer
Since I last posted, I've done lots of work on the new UI. Been bringing existing v1 features back online and taking time to consider them as they go back in to ensure that it's going to work well on tablets, for new users and if there are any cool little tweaks and additional features I can add to improve the user experience. I'm very pleased with how it's going so far.

Here's where we're at as of an hour ago:

gc2-ui-alpha-5-50pct.png

More details here:
http://www.davidwaltersdevelopment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1283&p=1484#p1484

Diagonal walls and doors?! :yeah:

haha, I'm glad you like it!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom