Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

Discussion in 'Golden Era Games' started by JarlFrank, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Morblot Aberrant Member Patron

Morblot
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
    You can go back and give them to him. Not that it's worth it really.

^ Top  
  2. Zep Zepo Titties and Beer Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual

Zep Zepo
    I'm kinda disappointed. DECLINE still works in 1.2.0.26.

:)

Zep--

^ Top  
  3. Lord Marcus Novice

Lord Marcus
    Thanks for that.

Show Spoiler
    I tried to put the Havoc Seed in the clock and nothing.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    ^ Top  
  4. ukdouble1 Educated

ukdouble1
    First you must
    Show Spoiler
    play in front of clock on the quests flute

^ Top  
  5. Lord Marcus Novice

Lord Marcus
    Thanks for that, I liked that ending the most of all.

^ Top  
  6. Gun'eeu Novice

Gun'eeu
    I'm playing the Super Demo to see if I might like the full game. There are some areas for which I can't figure out how to progress, but even the guides for the full game don't seem to help. Could anyone who's completed the Super Demo shed some light? Is it possible that these are just glitches, or are they genuine differences between the Super Demo and the full game?

Cenotaph Vault:
    Show Spoiler
    The first time I saw the cocoon, I interacted with it, but left it alone and intended to come back to it later. However, when I interacted with the cocoon again and cut it open, I simply got a message saying that I opened the cocoon. Then the cocoon just disappeared, without anything else happening. According to walkthroughs, though, cutting the cocoon open should reveal the Junga Din character, who gives an item that effectively grants access to several more areas, starting with the Inner Sanctum. I saved in front of the cocoon and tried cutting it open numerous times, but Junga Din never appeared; on repeated returns to the the Cenotaph Vault, I never met Junga Din as a random encounter. (Though, I didn't have any saves that were made before I'd already interacted with the cocoon and left it alone the first time.) Is there a way to access the Inner Sanctum in the Super Demo without talking to Junga Din?

Ukluk Mining Company:
    Show Spoiler
    According to walkthroughs, at a room in the southwest corner of the map, pulling one of the levers would send you to Cistern Zero. However, when I pulled that same lever, the game simply sent me back to the main menu, as if I'd brought up the in-game menu and selected "Quit w/o Save". I couldn't interact with the other levers in the same general area, all of which were in rooms with water pooled on the floor. Is Cistern Zero accessible in the Super Demo?

Where I am in the Super Demo now:
    Show Spoiler
    I'm a little past the entrance to the Vault of the Exemplar, where there's a large green gate with a key hole. I have the Jeweled Egg, but according to walkthroughs for the full game, in order to proceed, I need other items that I could ultimately get only if I had access to the Inner Sanctum.

Gun'eeu rolled 6-sided di(c)e: Total: 38
    ^ Top  
  7. Lady_Retard █▓▒░ ░▒▓█ Patron

Lady_Retard
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Gun'eeu Novice

Gun'eeu
    Thanks.

Show Spoiler
    I'll try starting a new game and rushing to the Cenotaph Vault as quickly as I can, to see if I can get the cocoon to work correctly if I cut it open the first time I interact with it.

About breaking down the door,
    Show Spoiler
    I can't break down the door in the Cenotaph Vault between the main area and the Inner Sanctum entrance. It's the metal door with a skull in the middle, and a keyhole in the skull's jaw, the kind that doesn't let you break it down or pick its lock. According to walkthroughs, it seems I absolutely have to interact with the nearby talking head using a Goblet, but only Junga Din can give me that Goblet and I can't get him to appear.

There doesn't seem to be any actual breakable door in the Museum of Magic, at least not one that leads to another map. There's just the ladder that leads back to the Bronze Cauldron, and the Enigma Well.

^ Top  
  9. Lady_Retard █▓▒░ ░▒▓█ Patron

Lady_Retard
    It's strange that you could continue to Ukluk without summoning the demon. And yes, you need Junga's goblet for that. Don't remember exactly, but were you able to go to the Eyrie? Maybe that's the part that is blocked off for you.

And yes, I meant that the ladder down to the Museum of Magic is in the "inner sanctum" of the Bronze Cauldron and that door is initially closed.

• Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Gun'eeu Novice

Gun'eeu
    What was the demon I was supposed to summon?
    Show Spoiler
    To reach the Ukluk Mining Company, I dropped into the Pit of Hobknob from the Cenotaph Vault (using the Dead Rat from the Catacombs and the Ankh of Hobknob from the Cenotaph Vault), defeated Hobknob, followed the staircase to Samhain Gorge, and went down the stairs to the Ukluk Mining Company, all without interacting with any character in the general area described as a demon, or at least whose name contained "demon".

About the Eyrie,
    Show Spoiler
    I couldn't reach it. Apparently the entrance to it is behind an unbreakable door in the Tomb of Saint George, but to open that door seems requires using items that are only found in the Cenotaph Vault's Inner Sanctum, which I couldn't get to in the first place.

I see. Yeah, I had no problems passing through the Bronze Cauldron door that leads to the Museum of Magic.
    Show Spoiler
    When I mentioned the "Inner Sanctum" in my previous posts, I was always referring to the area whose name displays as "Inner Sanctum" in the in-game map view, the area being accessible directly from the Cenotaph Vault.

^ Top  
  11. Lady_Retard █▓▒░ ░▒▓█ Patron

Lady_Retard
    It's the Black Lich that you can see on the Wikipedia page:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimoire:_Heralds_of_the_Winged_Exemplar

He has a staff you need later.

Yeah, you need to get to the Eyrie to get beyond the superdemo area.

As to the Inner Sanctum, you definitely need the goblet and there was a bug in the game for a while that people you met disappeared and you could not meet them again. You'll also get the choice to either resurrect Mistral into your party or bring him to his resting place.

The whole superdemo area is covered here:
    http://grimoire.wiki/index.php/Locations

• Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Gun'eeu Novice

Gun'eeu
    I see. It seems that according to all the walkthroughs I've seen, you don't need to face the Black Lich specifically in order to just enter the Ukluk Mining Company.

Show Spoiler
    I tried starting a new game and went to the Cenotaph Vault as quickly as I could. Again, no matter what I did, Junga Din didn't appear when I cut the cocoon open. So it looks like it's a Super Demo glitch, at least on my computer, that prevents me from completing it.

Thanks for your help.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Ravenheart87 Novice

Ravenheart87
    Hello everyone!

I have killed Gorgon'ra and looted her nest. Now I have the Methuselah Egg, which is not a critical item, but it did need some effort to get it, its description implies it's valuable, so it screams to be hatched or used in some way. Can someone tell me what can I do with it?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. Melan Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Melan
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
    Dunno, but welcome to the RPG Codex!

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Morblot Aberrant Member Patron

Morblot
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
    IIRC I didn't find any use for the egg.

^ Top  
  16. mbv123 Savant

mbv123
    Have you tried looking it up in the manual?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Zed Duke of Banville Zo Kath Ra Patron

Zed Duke of Banville
    I don't have anything about the Methuselah Egg written in my notes, so it seems there's nothing particularly important to do with it (unless it was something I missed). :M

^ Top  
  18. Ravenheart87 Novice

Ravenheart87
    Maybe it's a mystery left for v2 then...

^ Top  
  19. grimace Erudite

grimace

Methuselah is the man reported to have lived the longest at the age of 969 in the Hebrew Bible. Methuselah was the son of Enoch, the father of Lamech, and the grandfather of Noah.

Wait 969 years for it to hatch.

• Creative Creative x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. mondblut Arcane

mondblut
    It is supposed to produce a recruitable NPC, much like entropy sword/axe etc. Don't remember if works or not. Try clicking use first, item second as with other items which fail to be used by picking them up and clicking on use?

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Ravenheart87 Novice

Ravenheart87
    Okay, I'm an idiot. I tried all kind of things but simply using the egg. It does produce a recruitable naga warrior called Parasmus. It also seems that nagas are born with a sabre cutlass. Thanks!

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. EveryoneIsAWeebButMe Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

EveryoneIsAWeebButMe
    Hello everyone. Wonder how many people here are also refugees from the cancer of the Grimoire steam forum.

Is this manual actually a thing that exists on Cleve's HDD or is he blowing smoke up our collective arses again?

So much about this game is indecipherable... What the hell do the pink highlighted skills mean on level up? I thought it just meant "this skill is important to this character" but it seems to be totally random, i.e. I leveled a thief and the highlighted skill was useless to her.

• decline decline x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. mondblut Arcane

mondblut
    Pink is the skill upon which the specific class' spellcasting depends. I.e. a templar uses "litany" to power up his spells while a ranger uses "alchemy". All classes are capable of spellcasting after reaching particular level. If you go full retardo changing classes (and you really should), it's important to know which of these skills is at work at any given moment, hence pink highlighting.

^ Top  
  24. grimace Erudite

grimace
    • Yes Yes x 2
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. EveryoneIsAWeebButMe Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

EveryoneIsAWeebButMe
    Ah, OK, that makes sense.

Fucking hell, I don't know if that binder says "1995" on it because that's the year he copyrighted the game, or if that's the year the photo was taken. At this point I'm afraid to ask.

In a weird way I literally do believe in Cleve, despite everything (and holy fuck there is a lot of everything) I am enjoying the hell out of the game.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • incline incline x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.