Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GTA V viral marketing starts

Ermm

Erudite
If GTA V single player campaign will have as much repetition as GTA IV had, I am not even going to bother with it. It was fun at start, then it declined fast, and except some examples, it was just ''hey my buddy, kill this guy here and there'', ''clear out this niger crackhouse here and there'', ''kill this guy here and there AGAIN'' 100x. At least GTA San Andreas didn't felt so repetitive (even if it meant breaking in Area 51 or some other zaniness) and GTA San Andreas had better story overall.

At least make campaign shorter, and don't make me go through all that copy pasta again.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I'll be interested in GTA V if one mission requires you to install a Portable Nigger Lyncher on your pickup truck and organise lynch parties in various parts of town. This would obviously be a timed mission that would require you to race around the blocks, deploy you PNL and then quickly go find a nigger to bring him back to your truck and lynch him, attracting a crowd of proud and cheering white people, and then race again to the next locations to repeat the process. After that mission, the PNL is unlocked to be used freely in the free-roaming game as you see fit.

PNLyncher.jpg

You do not even have to remove the dead nigger right away. You can just let it hang in the air as you drive and the smell will keep the others away.

Ermm

Erudite
To each his own. I admit though, it was very derpy in terms of gameplay. So I am saying that it was not good, but just fun.

el Supremo

Augur
Patron
I didn't like it either but Ballad of Gay Tony redeemed it for me so I'll gladly go through the process again if it's done in the spirit of that episode. :M
I have never tried this episode, because of disgusting title.
Is PC actually gay, and do you have to watch him cuddle this guys in cutscenes?

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
I don't know about the PC's sexuality, but he's Gay Tony's bodyguard IIRC

that sort of information should be p. easy to find in wikipedia, too

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
I dunno, never played it

but you could say IV had faggy content

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I didn't like it either but Ballad of Gay Tony redeemed it for me so I'll gladly go through the process again if it's done in the spirit of that episode. :M
No, the PC isn't gay. I can't recall any male-on-male contact. One closeted character tries to make a move on you but it's played for laughs.

Multi-headed Cow

No, the PC isn't gay. I can't recall any male-on-male contact. One closeted character tries to make a move on you but it's played for laughs.
It does have a scene with a naked guy though, if you're scared of seeing a dick. But if you're concerned IIRC it was a straight dick so nohomo nohomo nohomo.

Gay Tony was the best of the GTA4 games/episodes/whatevers even though I liked them all.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The naked guy was from The Lost and the Damned actually.

Multi-headed Cow

The naked guy was from The Lost and the Damned actually.
Oh, really? Shit, thought that was in Gay Tony for some reason. I guess 'cause I remembered he was some high muckey muck of some sort, which you run in to in Gay Tony a bit more.

Well then!

Rpgsaurus Rex

GTA 1 was a cool game, GTA 2 was a great game, GTA 3 was shit decline popamole etc. tl. dr: fuck GTA 5

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
GTA 1 was a cool game, GTA 2 was a great game, GTA 3 was shit decline popamole etc. tl. dr: fuck GTA 5

There was nothing wrong with direction of GTA 3 in my opinion.

Vice City and San Andreas are fantastic games, and worthy of the huge sales and high praise they received.

Angthoron

Arcane

GTA2 was shit. What have you been smoking?
How so? I rather enjoyed it, though it didn't bring a whole lot of new stuff compared to the original, just somewhat improved (I guess?) graphics and the night-time option (which was actually pretty nice graphically). Wasn't great, but certainly didn't think it was shit. Why man, why?

Rpgsaurus Rex

You even had a mission where you had to take a bus full of Krishna thugs into a sausage factory. Really, it had a fuckton of hilarious and politically incorrect missions, 3 huge free roam "worlds" where it was fun as hell to explore and just kill and destroy random shit etc.

GTA 3 took itself a bit too seriously for my enjoyment and was nothing like GTA 2 which is why I got bored after 20 minutes and never touched it again.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yeah, GTA2 was great! After it, only Vice City had a fun storyline, all the others I usually played until unlocking the whole map, then got bored and went exploding stuff & doing retared shit... especially on San Andreas, definetly the best hiking simulator ever, it even had some co-op stuff...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom