Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Interview Guido Henkel Podcast Interview at DarkStation

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Crooked Bee, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Crooked Bee (no longer) a wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Tags: Deathfire; G3 Studios; Guido Henkel

DarkStation offers a long podcast interview with Guido Henkel, focusing on his recently announced RPG Deathfire as well as on Guido's career in general and other games he's worked on.

http://www.darkstation.com/darkcast/dci-ep-08-making-zombies-with-fire/

In this episode of DCI, Brian and I talk with Guido Henkel to discuss his latest game, DeathFire. Guido has worked on a number of renowned RPG including Realms of Arkania and Planescape: Torment. So in addition to chatting about DeathFire, we also talk about his his time on those other games. For more info on DeathFire, checkout the links below.​

I haven't yet listened to this interview myself, but Codex user Alchemist has kindly provided the following short teaser:

There's a fascinating new audio interview up with Guido Henkel [...] It's quite long but well worth it in my opinion. He talks about his development history, game design, and a lot about Deathfire.

The character personality system they're working on sounds very cool and also, 3rd person turn-based tactical combat is something they're still considering.​

Thanks Alchemist!

P.S. I hate long audio interviews that no one has bothered to transcribe.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  2. Krash Arcane

Krash

^ Top  
  3. Misconnected Savant

Misconnected
    But looking forward to the game, despite the name.

^ Top  
  4. Lady_Retard █▓▒░ ░▒▓█ Patron

Lady_Retard
    There's a very good chance the name will be changed soon. He explicitly said a few weeks ago that Deathfire has always been only a project title.

^ Top  
  5. :Flash: Arcane

:Flash:
    In the interview he says that the final title will be revealed next week, most probably on Monday.

^ Top  
  6. Zed Codex Staff Patron

Zed
    Codex USB, 2014
  7. Avantre Educated

Avantre
    Fire: The Deathening.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.