Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guild Wars given the smackdown

One Wolf

Scholar
seems like the nov. 10th patch is cause for.....concern.

Improved AI so that henchmen and monsters can now detect and flee from area-effect damage spells.

there was some other shit too, but this one really fucks shit up, since AoE spells are now virtually useless in PvE.

Drakron

Arcane
You know, I moved from GW to WoW because I got BORED with GW lack of content.

WoW have issues but at least we get quests AND be able to reach the nest town without having to slay 10 million mobs along the way, GW could be turned into a single player game and nobody would notice the diference.

And I dont want to see Ring of Fire missions with that now, they are so damn Jade Armors and Mursatt that the only working tactic was to dropping AoE spells to cut then down ...

Greatatlantic

Erudite
Even though I haven't explored the full consequences of the patch yet, I think its good. It always bothered me how enemies would stand right in the middle of an AoE when moving 5 steps over would save them. Thats especially true for casters. And its not so much the AoE spells that are nerfed this way, its the spella that damage people in an area over time, as oppose to doing all damage upfront. Those AoE spells are still fine. I think the solution is now to combine Water and Fire spells together, where before almost no Ele ever picked Water as their attribute.

Psilon

Erudite
It still doesn't change the fact that playing as a Monk primary is quite possibly the most boring experience ever.

One Wolf

Scholar
using water and fire combos does not work. unless you use mesmer sigs to increase the cast time, the fire aoes take too long, and the monsters are already out of range since they start to flee even before the spell is finished casting. they scatter even when the slow is cast (since its aoe). its absurd.

yes, GW content is pretty boring, but now its definitely over. if you think moving from place to place was time consuming before, its ridiculous now.

the common thought on this is to make monk farmers less effective (since the smiting prayers with duration are all considered aoe by the enemy ai), but this has failed miserably. the forums are already loaded with new builds and ToA is still flooded with mo/w's storming into UW en masse.

i enjoy pvp, but i also really liked my pve e/m. fuck, this shit is unacceptable. i hate GW now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom