Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guild Wars

Shannow

Waster of Time
If you start with Prophesies reaching level 20 will take most of the campaign, though. In Factions and Nightfall you'll be lvl 18 or so after leaving the noob areas.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Fens said:
Berekän said:
I wish I didn't get my account closed so I could play with you guys :Sad:
how the hell did that happen ? not even the scammers and gold sellers i reported were kicked out.

Wish I knew. One day I got a e-mail from Anet saying a IP from the Kwa' requested a password reset. Next I know is I couldn't access my GW account and my NCSoft Master account has been suspended by NCSoft.

I contacted technical support and after a million questions they're still not helping me at all, because I'm not the one who created the account and they say they must contact the original owner (who doesn't remember the data he entered when he created the account, yet still didn't even use it). I gave them everything they requested, the owner data I had latter when I got the account, the serial keys of the games I bought and the credit card number I used to purchase EoTN.

I don't know what's the purpose of putting "thinking" people in technical support if they're going to act like a fucking machine and not helping when there's enough proof, I think I gave enough data to take over the reasonable doubt but they keep saying the same.

The most weird thing it's that it seems they didn't wipe out my characters, if I use their names in the GW2 HoM Rewards Calculator it gives me the amount of points I have.

Shannow

Waster of Time
I do not recommend Mesmers (or - if you have Factions - Assassins) as beginner chars for PvE. Just sayin'.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Angthoron said:
Mangoose said:
I only have Prophecies but I can grab a cdkey for cheap for the other ones.

Oooh, any chance you could share the source?
Yeah, Offgamers. Pretty reliable.

Edit: If you've got the Steam version already then just chat me up on Steam. Easier than communicating via forum, even though I don't have the Steam version.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
Berekän said:
damn... that sucks, man... with all that information you should at least get a new account with the stuff you bought

customer service is a bit weird for GW... hope they'll fix that for GW2

SerratedBiz

Arcane
If you fellows ever get to playing regularly, I've got a crapload of characters in every area of the game which I'd like to dust off.

Angthoron

Arcane
Haven't had much time to play yet, will PM once I'm finally set up on my home machine.

Tycn

Savant
Not much for the campaigns but I never finished Prophecies so I might tag along if you end up doing that, or something interesting/challenging/fun.

Eye of the North is definitely the campaign to play, though. Dungeons are probably the most enjoyable things in the game, PvE-wise.

Angthoron

Arcane
Hmm, odd, I can't select EotN campaign from the campaign list, is there a trick to this, or is it just extension of Prophecies? Trying it out on my laptop, checking classes and content out, I have EotN purchased and the acc recognizes it but all I get is Prophecies, Factions and Nightfall from the menu.

Shannow

Waster of Time
You need to play a little. Any campaign goes. At some stage you'll be able to get to the EotN. But it's all high lvl areas so you'd need to gain some experience (and levels and heroes and probably help) before you tackle them.

For quick information the wiki is quite usefull. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page

If you want to spoil your experience by using other people's builds this site is quite good. http://www.guildwarsguru.com/

I don't have much (and only sporadically) time and I'd rather spend it towards gaining more rewards for my GW2 char but with the others and heroes I'm sure you can go without my help ;)

If I'm online feel free to msg me anyway.
Char name: More Dred

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Angthoron said:
Haven't had much time to play yet, will PM once I'm finally set up on my home machine.
Gotcha. I think we're the only two real newbies so I'll just wait for you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom