Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hail Blizzard Starcraft 1.12

xemous

Arcane
This is but a taste of the features

# The multiplayer chat screen will now show a preview of the map you will play on.
# The creator of a private Battle.net game can now make the game public under the creator’s name in the multiplayer chat screen.
# A Friends List will be added to the game to keep track of your friends on Battle.net.
# Friend mail will be added to the game to let you email members of your Friends List.
# A password-recovery and email-registration function will be added to allow you to recover your password via email.
# A minimap ping will be added to the game to allow you to ping a location on the map.
# It will now be easier to set building rally points.
# We will include updated versions of three of the most popular ladder maps – Lost Temple, Dire Straits, and Rivalry – in order to better suit the newer style of ladder play.

I hope they add a 1 on 1 matchmaker option. This game has had so many updates since 98' Truly the greatest RTS ever. 7 years still going strong. Hail.

miserychick

Novice
Exitium said:
Sweet. If only Troika showed as much dedication as Blizzard did to its products.

Christ, and I thought Volurn was a one-trick-pony... The constant Troika bashing in the last day makes "R00fles" look stunningly original...

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
miserychick said:
Christ, and I thought Volurn was a one-trick-pony... The constant Troika bashing in the last day makes "R00fles" look stunningly original...

pwned.jpg

Atrokkus

Erudite
StarCraft is pretty much balanced already. There ain't no bugs. So, another patch is really optional.

Koreans (the GODS of StarCraft, if someone did not know yet), are constantly making new maps, so the balance is tightly connected to those maps, and they are trying to minimize the imbalance on the maps, since it's actually the only imbalance that's left. SOme maps are better for Terrans, some for other races. Other than that, the game is pretty much ideal.

Hory

Erudite
The minimap ping will certainly change the gameplay... glad they're still patching it.
BTW, Exitium is just trying to be "original" or different by bashing Troika because mostly everyone else appreciates them, and how couldn't they when two of the TOP 10 RPGs are theirs? And even ToEE is great, for a dungeon crawler (which I personally don't like). Someone's got to be really retarded to actually and truly be glad if Troika dies.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Mostly everyone? Give me a break. The codex is the minority in this opinion. And Hory, you look to be enjoying this even more than anyone else. Why drag it into this thread even after I posted my response 7 days ago?

xemous

Arcane
I'm happy that Trokia is dying. There weak and seem to get worse as they go along. For example see - Vampire - Bloodlines.

Hory

Erudite
Maybe, but their weak RPGs are still better than anything being released, so your logic sucks.
And Exitium, it's you who's dragged it into this thread.

Hory

Erudite
Do you only post ideas when someone else has mentioned them before you? I don't see why I can't be the first, or why I can't be the only one for that matter. You were the only one to drag Troika into this too. It's funny how you're criticising me for doing what you've done.

Atrokkus

Erudite
Heh, they kinda tweaked around the interface so that i twould feel more like WC3, more convienient.
Also, added full Korean chat support. Well, that's a nobrainer: koreans are the best market for this game, and they are its fucking gods.
Damn, i think Korea is Blizzard's favorite country!

But the patch contains no balance changes... well, it's almost ideal already.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom