Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

happy birthday system shock 2

entertainer

Arbiter
:salute:

shodan.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The Looking Glass Studio lifeform is dead, insect...

...are you afraid?

:cry:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
RPS has a kinda cool anniversary article on SHODAN

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/08 ... more-15868

I especially liked the last part:

There’s never going to be a System Shock 3. We really should be glad.

No matter what you made of Bioshock, it’s better we got a spiritual successor than an actual one. Take Shock’s approaches – the closed environments, the brooding horror, the environment-as-storytelling – and applying it to a whole new situation. It’s better this way. Just leave the poor girl a lone.

Silellak

Cipher
Darth Roxor said:
RPS has a kinda cool anniversary article on SHODAN

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/08 ... more-15868

I especially liked the last part:

There’s never going to be a System Shock 3. We really should be glad.

No matter what you made of Bioshock, it’s better we got a spiritual successor than an actual one. Take Shock’s approaches – the closed environments, the brooding horror, the environment-as-storytelling – and applying it to a whole new situation. It’s better this way. Just leave the poor girl a lone.

So, I guess we're pretty much guaranteed a System Shock 3 in 5 years or so. Someone (Bethesda) will want to cash-in on the geek cred that name holds, same as Fallout.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Nah it will be EA - they are franchise owners. Besides they were already planning to make SS3 sometime in 2006 but thankfully it didn't go past that.

Silellak

Cipher
MetalCraze said:
I bet it will be either EA or Eidos.

Maybe. I actually figured it'd be Bethesda because of their tendency to make FPS/RPG hybrids, but then again, knowing their track record, they'd probably end up turning System Shock 3 into a turn-based RPG.

"Bethsduh presents: System Shock 3

SHODAN has reached earth in her new human form and has established a SHADOW GOVERNMENT which is plotting to DESTROY the world so that they can start over with a clean slate. Little did SHODAN know that the hacker which created her had been cryogenically frozen shortly after the events that took place on Citadel Station and he is now ready to awaken and kick ass! But beware, the many survived the incident on the Von Braun as well and now infest the countryside. But don't be afraid, their mental capacities are diminished since the destruction of their central control organism.

Features.

- Use your "Singularity device" to slow down time and select which bodypart you want BLOWN OFF your enemy!

- Over FIVE skills which you can use to build your character. Shootin' stuff, Bash stuff, Hack shit, the choice is yours!

- Famous voice actors! Hear SHODAN come alive once again thanks to famous actress Amanda Tapping, known best for her acting in Stargate SG1!

-Open ended! Wander through futuristic New York city and shoot stuff!

- Other stuff!

System Shock 3 - Coming soon..."

Silellak

Cipher
Stereotypical Villain said:
"Bethsduh presents: System Shock 3

SHODAN has reached earth in her new human form and has established a SHADOW GOVERNMENT which is plotting to DESTROY the world so that they can start over with a clean slate. Little did SHODAN know that the hacker which created her had been cryogenically frozen shortly after the events that took place on Citadel Station and he is now ready to awaken and kick ass! But beware, the many survived the incident on the Von Braun as well and now infest the countryside. But don't be afraid, their mental capacities are diminished since the destruction of their central control organism.

Features.

- Use your "Singularity device" to slow down time and select which bodypart you want BLOWN OFF your enemy!

- Over FIVE skills which you can use to build your character. Shootin' stuff, Bash stuff, Hack shit, the choice is yours!

- Famous voice actors! Hear SHODAN come alive once again thanks to famous actress Amanda Tapping, known best for her acting in Stargate SG1!

-Open ended! Wander through futuristic New York city and shoot stuff!

- Other stuff!

System Shock 3 - Coming soon..."

Oh God what have I done.

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

MetalCraze

Arcane
It will also include knights, orcs, druids, talking trees, vampires and of course the most beloved sci-fi weapon ever - the fire sword.

And for only $2.99 your most favorite weapon from Fallout 3 makes a return in System Shock - the Fatman!

Don't forget the hacking minigame which involves guiding a cyborg hamster through tubes! So awsome...

Oh, and it's not "fire sword", Skyway... It's "Modulated Laser Rapier". :P

Trithne

Erudite
DON'T SAY SHIT LIKE THAT.

My continued existence is dependant on SS2 being the end of the story. I will sooner kill myself than play SS3. RPS is right: Leave the poor girl alone.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Trithne said:
DON'T SAY SHIT LIKE THAT.

My continued existence is dependant on SS2 being the end of the story. I will sooner kill myself than play SS3. RPS is right: Leave the poor girl alone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom