Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

happy birthday system shock 2

Starwars

Arcane
I'm surprised noone has posted rule 34 on Shodan yet.

I replayed System Shock 2 a month ago or so. It was even better than I remembered, a real masterpiece. Quite possibly the only game where I feel the blend between FPS action and the RPG elements really worked well.

It's a really excellent game.

Makagor

Liturgist
"I'm..sorrrrry."

SS2 is such a great game. It's on my top 5 all time favorites and top 5 most hours played games. Rest in peace, sister.

It's interesting that this is actually the day that I managed to run this game for the first time in my life. Never played it before, wanted to for some time now, but it kept crashing whenever I tried to start a new game. Just 10 minutes ago, I figured out it was a problem with ffdshow. I feel both stupid and relieved now, and I also expect me some good gaming tomorrow. Goodnight you angry cunts.. ;)

MetalCraze

Arcane
That's why you should always check TTLG when you have a problem with Looking Glass' game. Too bad that that place also got hit by the decline - there are morons who are waiting for Thiaf and D3us 3x

Starwars said:
I'm surprised noone has posted rule 34 on Shodan yet.

Such a thing is surprisingly rare, so best i could find...

3554%20-%20Shodan%20System_Shock.png

Shodan.jpg

Perfect___Savagery___Goddes___by_0mri.jpg

shodan-x-glados-hires.jpg

Shodan___System_Shock_II_by_BombingCat.jpg

Multi-headed Cow

Also I really like the Glados and Shodan wallpaper and I've used it before, but the only thing that really pisses me off about it is that fake-dirt in it.

I KNOW, I'LL MAKE A WALLPAPER SO IT LOOKS LIKE THE USER HAS A NICOTINE STAINED MONITOR DERP DERP.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I only find the first picture distasteful, mostly because it's ugly.

Is this the time where I get banned?

As for SS2 itself - it's a great game. I got it cheap back in 2000 from a friend because he was so disappointed by it "Because it's not like Half-Life".

MetalCraze

Arcane
Rejoice!

imdb said:
According to those close to the company during its closure, the rights to the System Shock series were spread out to multiple companies (instead of being sold completely to one company). It is believed that the #1 impediment to a System Shock sequel is that it would be nearly impossible to repurchase the entire series.

Hory

Erudite
Franchises aren't just raped anymore, they're gangbanged.

Retard question time: does anyone know is there a way to force SS2 to run in 32 color mode. Tried googling it, had no luck. I have nvidia card if that makes any difference. Not that I don't enjoy the game otherwise, but this little change would be nice.. Thanks in advance.

Nice, thanks a lot! I can't believe I actually played Thief 2 without this. Oh well, all the more reason to replay it sometime I guess..

baronjohn

Cipher
I must be the only one who liked SS2 but didn't like Shodan.

Extremely intelligent AI with ridiculously exaggerated human flaws, gimme a break.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom