Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Harbinger something something'ed at Worthplaying

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Harbinger

There's a <A href="http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=9645">review</a> over at <A href="http://www.worthplaying.com/">Worthplaying</a> that kind of covers <A href="http://www.harbingergame.com">Harbinger</a>. The end result is a <b>7.2/10</b>, but if the guy handles numbers as well as English, then that could mean anything. Here's a sample:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Even with these features the game does not meet up to its predecessor. Diablo 2 still holds the crown for these type of RPG type games. Without the ability of online play D2 holds crown. If they implemented an MMORPG this game might have more chance but because it lacks this.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
The above is why parents shouldn't let children eat paint chips.
<br>
<br>
Spotted this at <A href="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPGDot</a>.
<br>

Zetor

Arcane
LOL.

In their defense, none of the editors are native speakers...
... then again, they chose to make an English gaming site instead of using their native language. ;)

-- Z.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
That's no excuse, you would expect them to know decent English if they intend to be taken seriously. Most countries have a big emphasis on English education these days, it being the biggest language in the world and all, but I guess they were sick and missed those classes.

BTW, Zetor, I see that you're Hungarian. How did you like tonight's game? :twisted: :P

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I wouldn't have gone so hard on them if Worthplaying didn't pull shit like cutting and pasting FAQs and call them "interviews", which they did with the RuneSword 3 FAQ.

Zetor

Arcane
Azael, I take pride in my country having the worst football team in the world. :P I expected something like 4-0, actually.
I have -no- idea how they managed to get into the world cup finals once and beat England 6-to-3, either, heh.

-- Z.

Sabotai

Liturgist
Zetor said:
LOL.

In their defense, none of the editors are native speakers...
... then again, they chose to make an English gaming site instead of using their native language. ;)

-- Z.

Looking at the names of the staff members of Worthplaying, it seems quite an international mix. I see some German, Dutch, Belgian and Anglosaxon names there.
Why don't they let one of the native English speakers read the final product? John McNeill sounds pretty British to me. In this form the review is unreadable.

As to the Hungarian team, back then they had Puskas.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Zetor said:
Azael, I take pride in my country having the worst football team in the world. .
Well, as we've seen on Saturday, the Polish team is competing for this title too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom