Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Has anyone BOUGHT games from Gamefly?

deuxhero

Arcane
They have a $20 bucks or under sale every month and the prices seem worth considering for some games, but I'd need to know a few things (I'm not a GF subscriber).

1: Game condition? Cheap Ass Gamer says they are in great condition with box and manuals, but I'd like to hear what others think on it (especially as CAG uses a commission link, which while fine otherwise, makes me seek a second opinion just in case)
2: How long do they take to come?
3: If someone has had a non-working game, how big a hassle was it to return.

Multi-headed Cow

I bought a few console games from them years ago when I still dabbled with consoles and everything I ordered from 'em arrived in good shape. Well, case and manual in perfect shape, discs were all perfect to good IIRC.
If I remember right they shipped reasonably quickly, arrived within a week.

kazgar

Arcane
I bought a few console games from them years ago when I still dabbled with consoles and everything I ordered from 'em arrived in good shape. Well, case and manual in perfect shape, discs were all perfect to good IIRC.

Ooo, A tale of MHC in his BG (Before Gaben) era.

Multi-headed Cow

Ooo, A tale of MHC in his BG (Before Gaben) era.
There was a dark time where I bought physical PC games, too. Some say that if you hang out by my PC late at night with all the lights turned off you can see a ghostly jewelcase for Dungeon Hack or Majesty float by.

And in defense of my playing console games, I got the 360 free as a gift from a family member who didn't know Microsoft was replacing red-ringed 360s until I told him, and the guy had like 2-3 red ringed 360s sitting around since he just bought a new one when the previous one died. So he just ended up giving me one of his replacements.
And because of that, I got to play Red Dead Redemption which was pretty neat! And 1 vs 100 which was the single greatest gaming experience I had the entire time I used the 360. Actually had bros over for 1 vs 100 nights and we'd play cooperatively to battle other shitheads online. Made it in to the 100 during one of the live/premium/hosted/whatever games and would've won a free videogame if not for living in Iowa where we're ineligible due to online gambling laws or some such.

Man, fuck Microsoft for dropping 1 vs 100. Online trivia with new questions regularly swapped and weekly "Realsies" games with a live host and actual prizes was awesome. I miss it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom