Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heart of the Swarm tease.

attackfighter

Magister
This looks like the most generic action movie trailer ever. And yet it will still be applauded by the RPG codex as the greatest RTS of all time.

Oh and I like how Kerrigan looks more and more like a whore with every iteration she goes through: first she's just a normal girl in SC1, then in Brood War she's a girl in a one piece bikini, then in SC2 she's a girl with high heels, a bikini and makeup on, now in "Hero of the Swarm" (or whatever they're calling this banal shit) she's got gigantic tits, a skin tight, leather bikini that's riding up into her ass and a SHITLOAD of makeup. You can just tell they're marketing this towards 14 year olds :roll: Well, I can anyways, you guys are probably too preoccupied sucking off Dustin Browder to notice.

SC2 = Dragon Age of RTS's.

PS. it's appropriate that you post this in general gaming rather than strategy gaming. :thumbsup:

Since when has Blizzard released anything which isn't a shitty parody of another, better, franchise?

Warhammer 40k is far more interesting than Starcrap could ever be, and Fantasy Warhammer is deeper than anything Warcrap could ever have been... And Diablo? That was decent. Too bad that Diablo 3 looks like Warcrap Isometric 3D3.

Fuck Blizzard, they should be peddling their shit to consoletards. At least then I wouldn't feel guilty over the fact that I am a PC gamer, and that they continue to pollute PC gaming with their shit.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Stereotypical Villain said:
Since when has Blizzard released anything which isn't a shitty parody of another, better, franchise?

Warhammer 40k is far more interesting than Starcrap could ever be.

They're so different it's retarded to even compare the two.

Warhammer 40k is far more interesting than Starcrap could ever be, and Fantasy Warhammer is deeper than anything Warcrap could ever have been... And Diablo? That was decent. Too bad that Diablo 3 looks like Warcrap Isometric 3D3.

:love: :thumbsup:

Johannes

Arcane
Warhammer 40k is far more interesting than Starcrap could ever be
Sure but as far as RTS gameplay goes, even the inferior sequel of SC beats the fuck out of DoWs.

Suicidal

Arcane
Johannes said:
Warhammer 40k is far more interesting than Starcrap could ever be
Sure but as far as RTS gameplay goes, even the inferior sequel of SC beats the fuck out of DoWs.

Truth.

I wouldn't call SC2 inferior tho...

Kraszu

Prophet
To bad that fucking Blizzard had decided to kill UMS with they retarded popularity list/not being able to create map from your hard drive/not being able to see on what maps the games are created now without going through hundreds of pages with map list just wtf blizzard.

Erebus

Arcane
The only news about Heart of the Swarm that I'd like to hear would be Blizzard firing all the writers who worked on Wings of Liberty.

fizzelopeguss said:

Warhammer 40k is far more interesting than Starcrap could ever be.

They're so different it's retarded to even compare the two.

Yeah, the Craft games Blizzard shits out contains the same, banal, stories about everybody being the "good" guys who unite against some ultimate evil Lich King/Xel'naga/Burning Legion/Arcturus... while Warhammer is a fucked up world where everybody is a degenerate who is stuck up their own ass to the point where they would willingly burn the galaxy just to make sure that their enemies will never win.

As for why I'm comparing the two? Well, Blizzard copy/pasted Warhammer 40k and Warhammer... and failed horribly. Given the choice, I would rush into Blizzard HQ with a warhammer and yell something about Sigmar and the Codex before killing every last one of those retards.

... but then I would be untrue to myself, since I am a follower of Tzeentch. :M

Angthoron

Arcane
cmon bros seriously what would you rather see in a trailer, tiny dudes shooting at each others with pixelsized bullets or real men and bitches with tight asses.

cmon theres no real choice between those two you know the answer unless youre giant fagots.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Just wait till some prestigious gaming site does some of those in-depth analysis of the trailer... Those always crack me.

attackfighter

Magister
Ed123 said:
I quite like the "southern" vibe of the SC universe. A good deal of that atmosphere came from the music, however. SC2's score went too far into fumbling, generic orchestral territory.

The graphics of SC1 also contribute greatly to that vibe (I'd be more specific and call it a wild west vibe, though). All the Terran units and buildings are crude, metallic and plain. This design style fits the Terrans perfectly, as they are a fledgling, frontier society under constant military pressure and so do not have the luxury of devoting resources towards aesthetics.

In SC2 otth, they completely fucked that up. Space marine suits have that shiny new car look, battlecruisers (in the cutscenes) look like flying palaces, certain Terran worlds have highly developed and extensive infrastructure, tanks look like tonka trucks... and the list goes on. The only thing that remotely makes SC2 Terrans seem "southern" are the southern drawls that some characters have and the random saloons that Jim Raynor frequents. SC2 doesn't seem to have any sort of theme or vibe to it, it's just a bunch of action movie rip-offs and generic sci fi mashed together to be force fed to infant Amerikwans.

J1M

Arcane
Erebus said:
The only news about Heart of the Swarm that I'd like to hear would be Blizzard firing all the writers who worked on Wings of Liberty.

Erebus

Arcane
torpid said:
Are people seriously arguing over the fucking story of an RTS?

It's not so much the story as the dialogues. I've never seen a video game in which the characters spout more clichés than in Starcraft 2.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Oh, is the 'expansion' where Blizzard sells you the Zerg single player campaign that should have been included in the first one at a $50 price tag?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom