Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heavy Rain: Tits confirmed

Well?

• decline

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • incline

• i dont really give a shit tbh

• kc(is better looking than that chick)

• Total voters

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Both Omikron and Indigo were interesting failures. They both started great but then horrible gameplay decisions appeared, like the action sequences in Omicron and the absolutely retarded QTE in Indigo. Not to mention Indigo's story evolved into crap in the end.

Really, QTE are the worst thing that has happened in gaming. On one hand it portrays laziness and incompetence on the developer's part to create any basic gameplay and on the other hand it's an insult to the gamer since it treats you like you're a fucking monkey. Just give me a goddamn cutscene, or a simple choice, you morons, don't try to feed me this "innovative gameplay" bullshit.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Haba said:
First half of it had more C&C than any RPG. Unfortunately they couldn't maintain the level until end. Now if only every scene of the game would’ve had the same level of detail as the “restaurant” in the beginning of the game...

They fucking hyped it the best they could do, I played the demo of the restaurant and the amount of greater or smaller choices amazed me, I had to play the game. Then the game gets worse, where did they left the puzzling? All you could do later was QTE's, shitloads of QTE's, and of course C&C totally disappeared, the developer just wanted it for the hype and the demo.

When I noticed this I was really disappointed, but the history seemed interesting, so I was trying to ignore the retarded of the gameplay (seriously, boxing minigame, why?!) to get across the history but...

I don't have words to describe how terrible was the last part of the game, it must be played to be understood.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I still state that Fahrenheit is one of the best games ever, if only because it has an old woman shapeshifting into rogue internet.

ShavenApe

Novice
Berekän said:
Haba said:
First half of it had more C&C than any RPG. Unfortunately they couldn't maintain the level until end. Now if only every scene of the game would’ve had the same level of detail as the “restaurant” in the beginning of the game...

They fucking hyped it the best they could do, I played the demo of the restaurant and the amount of greater or smaller choices amazed me, I had to play the game. Then the game gets worse, where did they left the puzzling? All you could do later was QTE's, shitloads of QTE's, and of course C&C totally disappeared, the developer just wanted it for the hype and the demo.
I hate it when developers do this. Pack all of the content into the demo portion and then give you boring filler for rest of the full version. Its this sort of thing that gives concepts like shareware a bad name. :x

Destroid

Arcane
It's not much better even without demos and shareware as devs put all the content in the first 10% of the game because research shows hardly anyone plays more than that.

Multi-headed Cow

Indigo Prophecy was a good game that got worse the more you played, until by the end you're disgusted with the game and with yourself for playing it so long.

All I can figure is the people who liked it either only played the start (Like all the amazingly high Black and White reviews) or watched a ton of anime and didn't care about all the bullshit it was flinging around.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
ghostdog said:
Wyrmlord said:
ghostdog said:
Retarded nudity and stupid dialog.

I preferred it when sex, violence and atmosphere meshed in a 2d pixelated environment. Like Dreamweb : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siYulJ6_ ... 27&index=5
Kickass music there.

Yeah, one of the best cyberpunkish/horror soundtracks out there : http://www.dl4002.co.uk/dw/music.php
OK, this Dreamweb game is one of the most fucked up games I have ever heard of.

It's about a guy who goes around brutally executing and murdering people simply because he keeps seeing dreams which tell him so, and for no other specific reason.

It's like one giant spiral and mania of psychosis, and I am guessing that with his dreams telling him to break the "Dreamweb" by murdering people - it seems to be that murdering people that his dreams keep telling him to murder is his way of stopping these dreams which tell him to murder people.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Wyrmlord said:
ghostdog said:
Wyrmlord said:
ghostdog said:
Retarded nudity and stupid dialog.

I preferred it when sex, violence and atmosphere meshed in a 2d pixelated environment. Like Dreamweb : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siYulJ6_ ... 27&index=5
Kickass music there.

Yeah, one of the best cyberpunkish/horror soundtracks out there : http://www.dl4002.co.uk/dw/music.php

It's about a guy who goes around brutally executing and murdering people simply because he keeps seeing dreams which tell him so, and for no other specific reason.

It's like one giant spiral and mania of psychosis, and I am guessing that with his dreams telling him to break the "Dreamweb" by murdering people - it seems to be that murdering people that his dreams keep telling him to murder is his way of stopping these dreams which tell him to murder people.

I feel really good for derailing this thread with dreamweb.

Now, there was a diary that came with the game called "Diary of a Madman" . This adds a lot to the backstory and gives insight into the mind of the protagonist. It's really a nice touch. You can get it here

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
that with his dreams telling him to break the "Dreamweb" by murdering people
Don't break. Save from corruption and abuse by Seven.
For extra fuckery with your mind read "Diary of a Madman"
Great game, now undeservedly forgotten.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Yes, Dreamweb is glorious. Ghostdog, do an LP of it for the youngsters. Also, Gametrailers is awesome:

GT retard said:
hstrock said: Oh yeah, next gen nudity! They did say this game was more mature. ;) Hopefully this doesn't get censored in the US release.

if they do that i might have to bust caps in the ERSB's asses!!! yah FUCK U ERSB!!!!

FeelTheRads

Arcane

It seems like you should play the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom