Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Hell let Loose

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think combat actually plays out better now since it's free weekend with less people knowing how the systems work. Usually garrisons and spawn position is everything. It makes defending hell on earth and semi-worthless since enemies can come in from every direction. Like the commander can make an air-garrison (air-bridge? Can't remember the name for some reason) too, just from the map if he got the resources, and you would think that people spawning on that point would come in parachuting as paratroopers, but nope, they just spawn in and suddenly as a defender you have 30 guys attacking you in the back. I understand people might like stuff like this - to be able to turn the outcome with a good garrison, and yes flanking is good thing in general. But I just find it way too easy and it negates a lot of stuff in the game, like the whole engineer class and the fortifications he can build. There is usually no time, and you can't really build a defensive line since attacks can come from all directions.

Operation Posts (OP's) that the squad leader can place I have nothing against, since only your squad can spawn on them. It's the garrisons, one sneaky garrison and you have the whole enemy army just coming in from nowhere.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
I think combat actually plays out better now since it's free weekend with less people knowing how the systems work. Usually garrisons and spawn position is everything. It makes defending hell on earth and semi-worthless since enemies can come in from every direction. Like the commander can make an air-garrison (air-bridge? Can't remember the name for some reason) too, just from the map if he got the resources, and you would think that people spawning on that point would come in parachuting as paratroopers, but nope, they just spawn in and suddenly as a defender you have 30 guys attacking you in the back. I understand people might like stuff like this - to be able to turn the outcome with a good garrison, and yes flanking is good thing in general. But I just find it way too easy and it negates a lot of stuff in the game, like the whole engineer class and the fortifications he can build. There is usually no time, and you can't really build a defensive line since attacks can come from all directions.

Operation Posts (OP's) that the squad leader can place I have nothing against, since only your squad can spawn on them. It's the garrisons, one sneaky garrison and you have the whole enemy army just coming in from nowhere.

sounds dumb as fuck tbh

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

kinda agree, even more taking in consideration then already have the "plane jump" system on some maps when u are on the allies for exemple Sainte-Mère-Église.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The only thing I could say about garrisons is that on one map I ran way out of the way through the woods and planted one at the right end of the map in a good position and managed to get enough reinforcements to successfully flank the enemy behind their backs, and I remember on another map the fighting essentially came to a halt around a No Man's Land and whatever we tried to do to flank or get ahead it didn't really work and spawns in enemy land might have really helped there, same for the enemy though.
the arty is there for when those stalemates happen. All u need is a little marker on general enemy position, dial the range and shell away.
5FC77D4D6BD3B640151DE07E1F50B72911DC5EED

2/3 of those are with arty helping the team push the last two points after we couldn't push and the rest from me on a m8 on the early game when the enemy aka one guy rushed the middle flag on our side with a truck and build a garrison where the entire enemy team spawned.

Dexter

Arcane
"Officially" out of Early Access now with the release of the Soviet Theater:

Brits supposedly next:
01488ae1df4bc34774e897f977ec3b07f9d9e4f5.png

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Remember to add -DX12 in the start thingy on Steam. I got horrible stuttering in DX11 or whatever it uses.

ADL

Prophet
Picked it up off a key site for $16
Seems like a good balance between nuBattlefield and Post Scriptum/ARMA milsim. Hopefully I didn't make a mistake

Baron Dupek

Arcane
https://polaris.brighterir.com/public/team17/news/rns/story/w0m51nx

Acquisition of Hell Let Loose ("HLL") IP

Team17, a global games entertainment label, creative partner and developer of independent ("indie") premium video games and developer of educational entertainment ("edutainment") apps for children, is pleased to announce the acquisition of all rights and assets of HLL, an existing 3rd party title to our 1st party family for an initial consideration of £31 million plus a contingent earn out consideration of up to a maximum of £15 million ("the Acquisition").

The Acquisition's initial consideration will be satisfied through a combination of [£19.75] million in cash from existing reserves and the issue of 1,531,780 consideration shares, valued at £11.25 million, based on an issue price of 734.44 pence which are subject to a lock-in period of 12 months from the date of the Acquisition. Subject to meeting revenue performance targets over the next two years, an additional £5 million, rising to a maximum of £15 million, satisfied in cash, will become payable.

A separate development contract has been agreed to cover the transitional period over the next 18 months which includes delivery of services and significant content to support the next stage of growth in terms of revenue and IP value for the HLL franchise.

HLL is an existing Team17 Games Label third-party title, and as a result of the Acquisition will become part of the label's 1st party portfolio. The Acquisition supports Team17 to further expand its owned IP and franchise footprint. It will enable Team17 to create additional opportunities to extend the lifecycle of the existing game, including further downloadable content and ongoing support as well as exploring potential sequels and other commercial opportunities for the HLL IP to drive the longer-term growth and value of the HLL franchise.

HLL will be the first signing under a new core gaming label to be created under the Group. This new label will utilise dedicated funds providing a specific focus to source the best core-gaming content across the globe whilst further enhancing the breadth and depth of Team 17's overall portfolio.

The Acquisition of the HLL IP will be margin enhancing to the Group and is expected to deliver earnings accretion in the first full year of ownership.

HLL is a multiplayer tactical first-person shooter video game which already has over six million owners and a highly engaged community. HLL was created by developer Black Matter and is co-developed and published across multiple platforms by Team17. The game allows players to fight in iconic battles of the Western and Eastern Fronts of World War 2 and was initially released for Microsoft Windows as an early access title on 6 June 2019, with a full release in July 2021. HLL was released for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S on 5 October 2021.

Michael Pattison, CEO at Team17 Games Label commented:
"We are delighted to be announcing the acquisition of the Hell Let Loose IP. Hell Let Loose has quickly become a highly credible and innovative multiplayer tactical first-person shooter supported by a very passionate and highly engaged community with over six million players. Having built a close and extremely productive relationship with Black Matter already, we believe that by bringing Hell Let Loose into the Team17 stable, we can serve and build upon the needs of an ever-growing community, improve and expand upon the existing player experience and develop new ways to entertain and delight. We firmly believe Hell Let Loose can become the definitive large-scale team-based military simulation.

"This acquisition represents an important next step in our strategy to expand our ownership of IP that is not only of the highest quality, but importantly has long-term growth potential. "

Max Rea, Founder & CEO of Black Matter
"This is a wonderful opportunity for our fans and a logical next step-up in the development of Hell Let Loose as a brand. Team17 love our brand and community as we do, which has expanded across multiple platforms successfully. We've worked very closely with our good friends at Team17 over the last several years and firmly believe that this Acquisition is the next logical step to enable us to further deliver great content to the highly passionate HLL community, as well as find new ways to engage and entertain in the future.

"We are really excited to continue to work with Team17 on the next stage of growth for Hell Let Loose."

Curratum

Hopefully now it can become a real game that is at least somewhat fun to play and stop running like absolute dogshit.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
You will get shoot from bushes and other stuff that doesn't render and u will enjoy it. Now go respawn on the garrison once more soldier.

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
i've really enjoyed playing this when there is good teamwork synergy happening, but when there is no communication it's an awful meat-grind. it's a shame postscriptum doesn't have the same rate of playerbase activity..

also agree it runs like hot shit down your leg, holy fps drops

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Rechecking the list, only thing lacking are the flakpanzer, deployable mortars, soviet anti tank structures, the deployable AA for the germans, campaign, party system, heavy mg deployable, fix for the scopes and the british. Fire update, jeeps and new cosmetics/loadouts are coming next update.

Sentinel

Arcane
Does this game require a group to play like autism simulator Squad & arma or is it more like red orchestra where you can hop on to a server and play without role playing on the mic?

Steve

Augur
Does this game require a group to play like autism simulator Squad & arma or is it more like red orchestra where you can hop on to a server and play without role playing on the mic?
It's falls somewhere between Red orchestra and Squad on the autism spectrum, it's more solo friendly and my to go tacticool shooter when I can't be bothered to deal with people.

Sentinel

Arcane
Started playing the free weekend and this game doesn't do anything for me like Red Orchestra did. I think it's the lack of voice acting, I can't be immersed when everyone is completely silent and I don't get to feel the gravity of the war. RO2's voice clips for dying soldiers spoiled me.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Autismo is good in the game but as long you are not brain dead and can hold the line and follow orders u good; mic is requirement for mostly roles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom