Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hell Yeah! HoMM V Open Beta!

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
<strong>[ Game -> Update ]</strong>

<p>According this <a href="http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/1851065692/m/7611021893/p/1" target="_self" title="poo">forum post</a> by a Ubisoft person by the name of Jinx FD, the Open Beta for <a href="http://www.mightandmagicgame.com/HeroesV/us/intro.php" target="_self" title="Ho">Heroes of Might and Magic V</a> will begin January 19. </p><p> Yipee! Thanks Wipporwill of <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.com" target="_self" title="FAGS!">RPG Codex</a> fame for the update!
</p>

VasikkA

Liturgist
Like hell I'm signing up for anything, as I'm so waiting to bitch about this game. It looks like a japanese RPG meets Warcraft hybrid. Be prepared to rotate the fuck out of that camera. I respect Nival for not making the same game all over again for the fifth time, but some endeavors are doomed to fail.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
You're such a graphics whore, VasikkA~. From such russian leaked demo, a lot of people said it's pretty kick-ass and fuck, it's Nival, man.

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
I don't really know what to think about the visual style of the game, but I suppose that I'll give it a shot anyway since, hey, it's HOMM. D:

LlamaGod

Cipher
that'd be like 10 AM our time

where the fuck do I sign up at, anyways?

Atrokkus

Erudite
I'd be surprised if it turns out good, because from what I could gather they changed some of the key concepts (like battle mechanics) to the state of being more like Desciples rather than Heroes. They ostracise more and more from the perfect Homm3 model, and that disturbs me.

//don't take me literally here: Homm3 is not perfect, of course, because no game can be perfect, but it sure as hell the most balanced game of the series.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
They have a petition to delay the game so I think its probably a buggy piece of shit. I'm not even going to download now, I'll wait till its release. Some classmate of mine couple years ago used to play HOMM3 all the time and they looked like they were having a lot of fun :( So i will get 5 and stuff.

Jason

chasing a bee
I bet it does, but it probably sounds all scary and intimidating in Russian. Kind of like German sex words.

I have the beta installed and registered etc but I haven't actually played a match. Multplayer is much too social for me. At least I know it will run on my computer.

Jason

chasing a bee
The HOMM V In-Depth Title Screen Review
by baby arm

The title screen starts off to a blast with a riveting animated sequence featuring some armored guy doing battle with a giant monster. I didn't see who won because I haven't gotten that far yet. Being a hardcore RPGer at heart, I decided to check out the character customization options. The depth of the new system totally blew me away! I found that I could change the texture quality of my hero units whenever I wanted, not to mention the audio quality. I decided my hero would have high quality sounds and low quality textures because he's a pirate and that's how he rolls. The best was yet to come, though, when I changed the resolution from 1024 x 768 to 800 x 600. It was like a whole new world! It even made the mouse cursor move faster and stuff.

To sum it up, this was the best title screen I ever played.

Atrokkus

Erudite
bet it does, but it probably sounds all scary and intimidating in Russian. Kind of like German sex words.
ДЕРЬМОКРАТИЯ

c'mon guys, post some reviews. Baby arm's title screen review has whetted my appetite.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom