Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Help me create my mugen

Mugen, if you don't know, is a 2d fighting engine where you can, suprise, suprise, create your own fighting game. Since I'm most excellent at sprite work, I am going to do one.

What do I need? Input! Lots of it!

The theme is history. In the earth year 7865, the gods of everything, known as the trinity, consisting of Yahweh, Brahma, and Buddha, decide they want to destroy the universe and build another one.

Back in 1937, Amelia Earhart is flying solo across the Atlantic. A horrible storm throws her off course and right over the Bermuda Triangle. The Triangle is actually a wormhole through time, and sends her off into the year 4322. Three years before that, the brain of Albert Einstein was taken out of it's cryogenic chamber and studied by the world's top scientists. What they found was incredible. Many great secrets of life were revealed, including time travel, hyperspace, and bringing spirits back to their deceased bodies.

In an ethereal dimension, the spirit of the young Egyptian king Tutankhamun is forced back into a physical realm, the same realm he once called home thousands of years ago. He awakens in a laboratory, in his old, mummified body. Numerous experiments are performed that manage to start a chain of regrowth and revival. Over the next three years he endures much pain, but learns much about the history of the world. He begins to resent the current state of the human species.

In 4322, a young woman, dressed in ancient pilot's clothes, is rushed into the same laboratory where Tut has been living. She is identified as Amelia Earhart, and immediately the scientists begin intensive questioning and perform numerous tests on her.

Tut knew their secret though. The greatest secret they held... the TIME MACHINE.

One night, Tut managed to break into the chamber where Amelia was held. They both were able to subdue the guards who were guarding the time machine. They both get in, Tut sets the dial to 1937, and immediately after turning it on, they are transported not to the ninteen thirties, but to the year 7865, at the base of Mount Timpanogos. There they meet Yahweh, Brama, and Buddha. The three gods greet the travelers and tell them to return to their own times and live out their lives because the world is about to end in 7865.

Amelia and Tut tell the gods not to destroy the earth. The gods then challenge them to a three on two fight. If the duo can knock out at least one of them, then they will listen to what they have to say. They fight, and not one of the gods are knocked out. Yahweh is about to set the universe in motion for a reset when a lesser god known as Lucifer jumps appears. He was able to discover the plan of the trinity.

Lucifer reminds the gods of what happened those many billions of years ago. He recites, word for word, the story the gods told the lesser gods just after their creation. There was a situation just like this, and a big fighting tournament was held. The ones who called themselves the New Faces Team won. That team consisted of Yahweh, Brahma, and Buddha. They usurped the god that originally held the tournament and created a new universe in their own image.

The son of Yahweh, Jesus Christ, appears and begs his father not to listen to that devil. Lucifer says that the laws of everything dictate that there must be another tournament. Yahweh agrees, and tells both Jesus and Lucifer that they are to each seek out two team members. The teams will then fight each other, and whoever wins shall create the new universe in their image. The trinity knows that if Jesus wins, they'll remain in power.

However, all of a sudden, a multitude of historical figures appear. Mass confusion ensues. Suddenly, Lucifer has an idea. He silences the crowd then explains that a tournament is being held to decide the new rulers of the universe. Each will be given a time travel device and must pick out two team members. The battles will be waged across time and space. The trinity is horrified, but know they cannot take on everyone at once, for the spirits of these important humans are too strong. They agree to Lucifer's proposal.

While everyone is excited about the prospect of becoming a god, Amelia and Tut want the world and the universe to stay as it is. They see that they are the only ones who can save it. Once they receive their time travel device, they shoot back to the 1950s and meet Albert Einstein. He immediately agrees, and thus their adventure begins.

Fights will be waged in a style similar to the King of Fighters (old style, no tag team) with three on three. Fights are one on one, and when one person gets knocked out, the next on the team enters the fray.

In addition to normal moves and command moves, there are also special, super, ultra, and hidden moves. Super moves require meter. Ultra moves require low health and meter.

Hidden moves, however, are completely different. They require max bar, require the opponent to be at least 1/2 health, and can only work on certain people. If the move is used on someone who it doesn't "affect" thenvery minimal damage is delivered.

Here's an example:
Nietzsche has a hiddem move called Nonexistence. It is effective against all celestial beings. Here's the complexity of it
up.gif
upright.gif
hcb.gif
upleft.gif
up.gif
upright.gif
downleft.gif
upleft.gif
downright.gif
+
punch.gif
+
left.gif
charge
right.gif
+
snkb.gif
+
hcf.gif
+
snkb.gif

Nietzsche is a grappler, so several grapples take place here. What it amounts to is that he hypnotizes his opponent, mumbles some psychological babble, and then ends with "And for those reasons I thus conclude that you do not exist." The opponent, as you would expect, puffs out of existence. If he does this move against Lucifer who has half health or less, the it's an automatic KO. If Lucifer has more than half health, or Nietzsche performs the moves on a non-celestial being such as Abraham Lincoln, then the move hardly does any damage at all.

Here are the teams I have so far. Of course, in game you'll independently pick your characters so any team combination is possible.

Hero Team
- Amelia Earhart
- Albert Einstein
- Tutankhamun

Holy Roman Team
- Jesus Christ
- Constantine
- Joan of Arc

Rival Team
- Lucifer
- Lilith
- Pontius Pilate
-- Hidden move: Crucify (KOs Jesus)

Axis of Evil Team
- Dick Cheney
- Adolf Hitler
- Nero

Forefathers Team
- Abraham Lincoln
- Andrew Jackson
- Benjamin Franklin

New Thinkers Team
- Charles Darwin
- Freidrich Nietzsche
-- Hidden move: Nonexistence (KOs celestial beings)
- Galileo Galilei

Thoughts?

LCJr.

Erudite
I can't believe you've decided to fail at another project so soon.

mahdi

Liturgist
U.S. Gold Electrifying Team:

-Nikola Tesla (obviously)
-Benjamin Franklin (w/ special move involving his talking gout)
-Thomas Edison (fights with Tesla in cutscenes, eventually joins Axis of Evil because he's an asshole and a hack)

Also, I would like to see Hannibal in there.

edit*

Washington or John Adams to replace Franklin on Forefathers Team.

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
If chefe's energy would be spent on something useful he could write 2 games like PST already. If Hitler had his resourses I'd live in Third Reich colony. If energy could ever detonate that would be new Big Bang and new evolution caused by it would be Multi-Headed Dicks. In his incarnation as Darth Nihilus he barely used his powers and still consumed whole worlds.

Jaime Lannister said:
make it american hare themed
kingcomrade said:
You should put space marines in it

Scientific Boink Team
- Zack Brack (humanoid rabbit from the year 2872)
- Fargo Starhunter (space marine from the year 3450)
- Roswell (captured Alpha Centauri explorer from the year 1947)

mahdi said:
U.S. Gold Electrifying Team:

-Nikola Tesla (obviously)
-Benjamin Franklin (w/ special move involving his talking gout)
-Thomas Edison (fights with Tesla in cutscenes, eventually joins Axis of Evil because he's an asshole and a hack)

Also, I would like to see Hannibal in there.

edit*

Washington or John Adams to replace Franklin on Forefathers Team.

How about some sort of industrial/tech team? Tesla, Edison, and Da Vinci. Washington is one of the final bosses so he can't be on a team. :wink:

Sovy Kurosei said:
You're forgetting KC, chefe.

He's on one of the two secret teams.

Decline of the Codex Team
- King Comrade
- Rex Exitum
- Cleve Blakemore
-- Hidden move: Apocalypse (KOs the Codex and New Faces teams)

New Faces Team
- Todd Howard
-- Hidden move: Hype-O-Matic (KOs Todd Howard)
- Peter Molyneux
- John Romero

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
There needs to be an actual Codex team. Leader should be Vince, armed with a The Age of Decadence LDM.

Brahma shouldn't be one of the main Gods. Basically he created the Earth and goes away, he is not really worshipped in Hindu culture. You should use Shiva instead as he is the destroyer, hence destroying the world. And by should use it I mean if you were making the game, which you aren't.

MisterStone

Arcane
Buddha doesn't really work either. I mean, there is no "Buddha"... there are plural buddhas.

Unradscorpion

Arbiter
I must say, Chefe is a lazy bastard and I doubt he'll ever make any of the awesome games he might suggest, but this is a pretty good fun. I hope he'll keep on doing it, original thought is what we need on the Codex.

I didn't mean Brahma. I meant Brahman. His supers involve turning into Vishnua, Brahma, and Shiva.

I like Buddha, so he stays.

Carrie Underwood said:
I didn't mean Brahma. I meant Brahman. His supers involve turning into Vishnua, Brahma, and Shiva.
wat.

I like Buddha, so he stays.
Just use the original Buddha(which is what I assume you mean)Gautama. I also guess that you are referring to the "enlightened buddha" which is the fat one, since Gautama wasn't actually fat, it's just symbolism.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Enlightened Buddha should be an unlockable EX version of Buddha.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom