Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Help me hit the high points of the Witcher

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
PennyAnte said:
mondblut said:
World of Xeen
God I loved that game. I played it so much it caused discord in my household. :)

The mark of great games.

ushdugery

Scholar
mondblut said:
Blahblahblahblahblah Every rpg should be a JA2 clone otherwise it's not a real rpg.
God someone who wants quality from a game for in other ways than you and you attack them because they don't like 200 hour long tactical squad based games fucking grow up.

mondblut

Arcane
ushdugery said:
mondblut said:
Blahblahblahblahblah Every rpg should be a Goldbox series clone otherwise it's not a real rpg.

Fixed.

God someone who wants quality from a game for in other ways than you and you attack them because they don't like 200 hour long tactical squad based games fucking grow up.

Notice, *I* don't come to casual gamers' turf and whine that their games are too short for me to enjoy and therefore should be thoroughly butchered so I could play them.

Perhaps I was a bit too rough at the edges, but I find a belief that games owe it to somebody to accomodate for his disabilities at the expense of themselves quite distasteful.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
PennyAnte said:
mondblut said:
World of Xeen
God I loved that game. I played it so much it caused discord in my household. :)
I didn't create any discord around my household, but I played it on and on and on for months, and I loved every single goddamn bit of it.

Even the stupid puzzles, which have no place in an honest RPG, were actually quite fun to solve. And all those area specific puzzles where you needed to use spells in a certain way to solve them.

I mean, it has turn-based combat that is FAST and EASY TO USE. And CHALLENGING. Deadly perfect combination.

Hell, even though this game might be dismissed as a "lite-RPG", you will still die in it as or more often as a Wizardry game. Be it a mage who casts Sleep on you, a dragon who simply has you within his sights, or a group of Yang Fighters who ambush you from all corners, anything. Sometimes, you would be in such tight corners, you would need the most creative use of various spells to deal with enemies, and use everything in your arsenal.

Though I must say that Might And Magic III is also very good and much harder. I loved the first quest with finding the lair of the Rat Lord and giving the Silver Skulls to the scholar.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
i think TW is a great game. It has a good and compelling story and it is well rounded in its whole. I found the story to be much better then the main quests in Fallout 3 and Oblivion to name the 'biggest rpg' titles. Consequently i found it to be a much better rpg than the other too, while they arent really hardcore rpg's.
I find the Obl and fallout to be action games with rpg touches.

The beginning is somewhat slow, but especially the setting of the game in which not everything is black or white but rather grey quite refreshing.

Also you have to play a game for at least 5-6 hours before you can really judge it. Most gamestarts are tutorials.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom