Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Help me, I am installing and modding Morrowind.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Stop me before I finish, only to inevitably give up playing the game after about twenty minutes.

Maybe I should re-install stupid-rim, too. X.x

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Stop me before I finish, only to inevitably give up playing the game after about twenty minutes.
Never managed to find Caius Cosades as well? :P

Morrowind is still easy, you get those big packs of mods, you're pretty much done... now Skyrim on the other hand... oh god.

Shadenuat

Arcane
It's okay. Install 100 mods, spend a week fine tuning every model and texture up to banners mugs and barrels
Spend a bit more on talking what character you wanna play
Get out of imperial office, find funny hat and jump spell, clear first dungeon, walk the road a bit and uninstall the game
It's okay.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
My solution to this is having a 1TB HD. Morrowind is still installed with all the mods I chose about a year ago, as is System Shock 2, Fallout 1 & 2, Skyrim, STALKER, Cities XL 2012 and Mount & Blade.

I'm perfectly prepared for any sudden urge to mod stuff.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Don't forget to get some coda and kanet flowers for Agassi
I mean, for Ahnassi

Damn, I actually still remember the flower names

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You know, my best experience was actually when I first played this game.

It was a really beautiful world and exploring it was magical. One of my better memories is getting lost and finding cool things, cool environments, interesting places. Once I randomly went into some direction, fishing for pearls and found a secret underwater dungeon. I felt like a real explorer.

Morrowind captured that sense of being an explorer in a foreign world. I actually gave Skyrim a shot but it somehow doesn't quite capture it the same way. One of the nicest things in Morrowind were the well-written (largely) books and the way you were given directions (Go east until you find that mountain, then follow the road north-west- or was it north-east? I forgot.... uh... well, if you see the lake you went too far. Umm, good luck!).

I guess we keep installing and modding Morrowind over and over to recapture that sense of exploration and wonder it gave us when we were younger but we are now too old - or have played it too much - to ever find it again, so we leave with a sort of hollow dissatisfaction.

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
Tamriel Rebuilt (which had a new release just a few days ago), MGE XE and maybe one of the mechanic mods like Galsiah's Character Development. Everything else is fodder designed to lead you astray into weeks of mod tuning bullshit.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Made a Breton.

Acquired Boots of Blinding Speed as soon as the game begins, to make use of Breton's 50% Magicka Resistance.

cab.png

Got immediately killed by the army of cliff racers that started chasing me, before I even saved the game.

Jashiin

Arcane
At least during the modding you will be temporarily distracted from the existential abyss that threatens to swallow you. I say go for it.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Also terrible graphics and animation. Bethesda's animators are the worst in the industry. No contest.

Why do you think he's modding the game for? Not even mods can fix the abysmal animations, true, but that's not an issue when playing a caster. And why wouldn't you want to play as one, unless you're some kinda knight larping weirdo.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I'm not up to date with the mods that change gameplay or graphics, but Morrowind does have some excellent quest mods, like Havish (best thief quests in any CRPG I've played), Booty Island and Illuminated Order, all of which I can recommend.
I've played most of the Morrowind quest mods, but most of them are either rather buggy (or conflicting, since mod conflicts are harder to avoid in MW than in Oblivion) or felt totally out of place in the Morrowind world (Glory Road, Black Mill, Oluhan to name a few).

Go with Adul's advanced combat and... yeah, that's pretty much it.

But don't forget about waifu mods. Tons and tons of waifu mods, the more, the better. And lizardtits :smug:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I just make it widescreen and crank the AA and AF through my nVidia graphics whore panel. I tried extending the view distance but it really breaks the game world, you weren't meant to see how close everything is.

Capitalism

Educated
Stop it and wait until OpenMW reaches playable state. As for helping you: stop it or I will mutilate you.

Capitalism

Educated
What @Bahamut said. I think that devs work there on some kind of steroids.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom