Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Hibernaculum gets Steam page, coming Q4 2025

Victor Pflug

Wormwood Studios
Developer
The "original creator of Primordia" bit made me read the comments here and took me out of my lurking, if for a bit -- this is my first time hearing about the WWS drama. Back when I played Strangeland -- and I liked the game well enough -- I thought the soundtrack was forgettable, which stood out due to how personally inspired the rest of the game seemed to be (I noted as much in my Steam review, which I know MRY read). It left me with the impression that Victor Pflug was a talented visual artist, but not really a composer. My working assumption had been that MRY, being the idealist he is, simply let his friend Pflug express what he wanted with the soundtrack and didn't want to micromanage the thing. The idea that Pflug would strongarm the others into having him make a soundtrack (as he seems to have attempted, for Primordia) hadn't really occurred to me.

More nefariously it would appear that the persistent marketing of Hibernaculum these past few years was clearly intended for Pflug to build himself up an audience, after which he would try to take over WWS in a flurry of lawsuits and twitter blood sacrifice rituals. It would have been a good plan had 1) MRY not been a high-powered corporate lawyer himself 2) the entire world consisted of WWS, as it would seem Pflug thought at the time. In the real world any WWS-related drama is more akin to something like a cat fight. Fun reading, either way.

I do wish Mark and James the best. They are good people.
That's interesting because the OST for Sl was made using synthesizers I built myself.

I'm gonna just go to the source an blame the tool in that case.

Viata

Arcane
Generally it seems that the more crazy you are, the better blobbers you make.

...but is this a blobber?
I'm assuming you mean now, because I can't really think of any beloved classic blobbers created by crazy people.
Old devs were made by crazy people, though. Crazy about their craft, that is. Niggas that would reverse engine a console just to avoid paying license (Accolade on Sega's MD) or because fuck you Nintendo (almost every japanese dev that wanted to publish games on Famicom), niggas that would work on their game instead of what they are being paid for ( id guys before creating their own company), etc...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom