Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Homefront

So... it would appear that the NRA redneck nutjob who wrote that shitty... thing... Red Dawn got a chance to make a game. I guess fellow NRA nutjobs are going to be pleased about a second american revolution where you get to shoot "some o' dem pinko commie sum bitches".

The multiplayer looks nice though... if a bit COD meets battlefield-esq. Apparently the "capture the objective" types of games will feature maps which extends farther towards the enemy base when the last objective is taken... but the lack of destructible environments which made Bad Company 2 so much fun might cripple this game... especially on the suburban maps where tanks will be stopped by the immovable object that is a wooden outhouse.

What does the Codex think of this possible shitstain? Could it be worth a go? Discuss.

Oh, I can do that... combined with a bit of BLOBERT whom I hate so much:

BRO YOU SERIOUSLY SHOUDNT BOTHER WITH THIS NEXT GEN SIHT ARMA 2 ENDLESS MAPS TACTICS AND GUNS FRIENDLY FIRE IS A PAIN BROS DONT SHOOT BROS IN COLD BOLD BRO

BORING SHIT ASS CRAP COD CLONE WHICH STOLE ITS DESIGN FROM ARMA 2 BRO

BROS DONT STEEL FROM BROS BRO

Luzur

Good Sir
so, you are Blobert?

also, is that the game where Russia invades the US and North Korea unites the whole of Asia?

Luzur said:
so, you are Blobert?

also, is that the game where Russia invades the US and North Korea unites the whole of Asia?

Korea unites under one banner as the former leader dies and his son rises to power... and then they use an EMP satellite to shut down all electronic devices in the states and then invades it.

Pretty damned retarded.

But I'm more interested in the multiplayer.

And yes, I was Blobert all along... he is a darkness inside of me which I cannot quell who, on occasion... rises to the surface and posts. It's sad that my insane side is more sane than my sane side. Bro.

MapMan

Arcane
Confirmed for shit. It got 7.0 on gamespot. 7 fucking 0!!!!

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I saw the gameplay, looks like utter shit.

I actually bought Section 8 once upon a time :M

Okay then... here's a fair question which should be worth a laugh: Does it look worse than Crysis 2?

It was a pretty decent multiplayer game which had a certain Tribes 2 feel to it... You could use your jetpack to fly around, you could build your character using different types of upgrades and you had to use sensor jammers and such to avoid the automatic target lock... I played it on the PC, and it was pretty fun while it lasted. It died because of the fact that it was released at the same time of Halo: OST or whatever the heck it was called.

Skyway version: NO ARMA NO LIKEY

BLOBERT version: BROS IN BIG ARMOUR PRETENDING TO BE SPACE MARINES MORE LIKE GAY MARINES WITH TRIBES FETICSH

Luzur

Good Sir
Stereotypical Villain said:
Luzur said:
so, you are Blobert?

Korea unites under one banner as the former leader dies and his son rises to power... and then they use an EMP satellite to shut down all electronic devices in the states and then invades it.

Pretty damned retarded.

But I'm more interested in the multiplayer.

And yes, I was Blobert all along... he is a darkness inside of me which I cannot quell who, on occasion... rises to the surface and posts. It's sad that my insane side is more sane than my sane side. Bro.

huh.

looks like its gonna be some shitty COD clone nr 75456 then.

remember PEARL HARBOR etc.

Rogue

Educated
Bah. Gamespot. Pfft. If the title was CoD Homefront it would get 9.0.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Hey, John Milius wrote some very good screenplays! I actually wish Apocalypse Now had more of its stuff in.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Gragt said:
Hey, John Milius wrote some very good screenplays! I actually wish Apocalypse Now had more of its stuff in.

The only good bits in Apocalypse Now were those ripped off from Jozef Korzeniowski. :salute:

Having said that I liked the movie when younger. Now it, like Star Wars (another of my faves from younger years) looks so ridiculous and cringeworthy that I wonder how I could have thought it was something good.

ortucis

Prophet
:retarded:

Just started playing this game and.. WHAT THE FUCK? Were they expecting people to take the opening/plot seriously (must be since it always plays on reload).

I lolled at the part where they mentioned NK taking over Asia and only country giving up was Japan and in next map, areas around India and China. I was expecting a explaination by that time on how exacly did the "Greater Korean Republic" manage to defeat India AND China before moving onto USA? What happened to Russia?

Anyway, stupid setting aside, the level design is good and so far the combat is fun as well. Infact, unlike Bad Company 2, enemies really go down in 2-3 hits easily (with chest shots). Weapons are pretty detailed as well. But the fucking performance was ass when I started. I ended up setting everything to VERY HIGH (1080p) and disabling Vsync, FPS smoothing, Ambient Occlusion and Motion Blur (always hate it anyway).

Game now runs smooth, but I notice banding thanks to no Vsync. This game has some serious issue with stuttering when Vsync is on, even when forced through CP with tripple buffering on. New patch didn't do shit.

:x :M

ortucis

Prophet
Nevermind. I spoke too soon. This game is getting dumber and lamer by the minute.

Buggy as hell, dialogues lagging behind what is going on in-game (funny thing is, dialogue is triggered and scripted, so how the fuck it manages to lag behind what is going on is a mystery). Models with collisions sticking way out making you come way out of the cover to shoot from corners.

The story is retarded. I though only the premise was stupid but the way the whole "I saw Terminator 4 too many times" story and missions are presented just makes you wanna strangle the writer. In one mission, your character - the only one who can fly the copter out of the group of four - is told to go alone all the way up to a tower, which is occupied by lik 15 guards, while the other three sit back and relax doing nothing. So anyways, you kill everyone and go upstairs to provide sniper cover to the three morons, who tell you to kill enemies around them silently from top... which you do but only to have the three retards make a suicidal crash through a enemy filled base towards the copter alerting the whole base.

Then of course the only person who can fly the copter, you, without which everyone will be stuck there, die and eventually fail the biggest mission of their life (which you have no idea wtf is all about anyway) has to run through respawning enemies towards the copter while your team mates are safe next to the copter without firing back at any enemy shooting at you openly.

TLDR: THIS GAME SUCKS! That makes two fucking worthless purchases (DA2) one after another for me. Great.

:x

EDIT: Oh and this game is nothing but reskinned Modern Warfare 2. If not for the opening logo and story, it can easily be mistaken for MW2.

Pegultagol

Erudite
guys you should be careful when sarcastically bandying about labeling such games as a million game seller, because it apparently did.

circ

Arcane
commie said:
Gragt said:

The only good bits in Apocalypse Now were those ripped off from Jozef Korzeniowski. :salute:
Joe Conrad. If a potato wants to change his name, then you should acknowledge that.

20 Eyes

Liturgist
What's wrong, Stereotypical Villain?

Are you not allowed to own firearms in your Eurotrash country? Are you an American that's been deemed mentally unfit to carry a rifle? Why do you think NRA members are nutjobs? I thought all Christians felt it was their God-given right to own fully automatic assault rifles.

ortucis said:
The story is retarded. I though only the premise was stupid but the way the whole "I saw Terminator 4 too many times" story and missions are presented just makes you wanna strangle the writer. In one mission, your character - the only one who can fly the copter out of the group of four - is told to go alone all the way up to a tower, which is occupied by lik 15 guards, while the other three sit back and relax doing nothing. So anyways, you kill everyone and go upstairs to provide sniper cover to the three morons, who tell you to kill enemies around them silently from top... which you do but only to have the three retards make a suicidal crash through a enemy filled base towards the copter alerting the whole base.

Then of course the only person who can fly the copter, you, without which everyone will be stuck there, die and eventually fail the biggest mission of their life (which you have no idea wtf is all about anyway) has to run through respawning enemies towards the copter while your team mates are safe next to the copter without firing back at any enemy shooting at you openly.

It doesn't help that while you're having to wade through the out-of-nowhere spawning hordes, your squad mates are complaining the whole time.

"Hurry up Jacobs!"

"Jacobs, MOVE!"

"We're being overwhelmed!"

They're not really in any danger, but they love distracting you literally every two seconds by yelling something. That mission was a pain the ass. The helicopter piloting sequence afterwards is pretty fun though.

ortucis

Prophet
Yeah I admit, the piloting sequence was fun. But again, this is copied from Modern Warfare (it's fun in MW as well) as well, along with slomo kill sequences and even a oil-rig like mission at the end. Hell, even the 5 hr playtime of SP is a copy of MW.

I understand a Indie developer cutting corners and making a copy of something like MW2 in a new setting but a AAA developer spending millions should aim to do a bit more than just re-skin another hit game. Even MW2 added new stuff over MW ffs.

Another thing. I was excited about this game because they were talking about survival and "conserving ammo".. which is the biggest load of andyman horse shit I have ever heard from a AAA developer... this week. Not only only are you NOT running out of ammo but you have so many weapons to chose from, that it feels like a invasion of gun smugglers or something lame like that. Not only do you get a choice of weapon and fuckload of ammo during and after every firefight, but there are actually weapon caches with weapon displayed on walls and tables for you to pick from (seriously).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom