Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HOMM 3 vs HOMM4

bgillisp

Scholar
Jinxed, if you want the HOMM2 music, you can pull it off the CD. All the music for that game are coming right off the CD as music tracks. I did just that myself. Put the CD in, and used Media Player to copy the tracks I wanted to my hardrive as .WMA files.

Though, if you no longer have your HOMM2 CD, I am afraid I am of little help, as I know of no websites with the music.

Jinxed

Liturgist
Yeah, I lost my CD so long ago that I can't even remember how the cover looked like. But I do remember that the music was awesome, I managed to download town themes from somewhere and stashed them on my hdd. Exit, I checked Gamerips long time ago, when you first gave me a link. They didn't have it then and they don't have it now. :(

drexciya

Augur
Fez said:
The Disciples series did have some great art, the game mechanics were flawed though.
I agree there. The mechanics are rather odd and made it quite difficult at first, but I did finish one of the campaigns eventually. I never tried the "evil" one, maybe I should.

Lady Armageddona

Liturgist
Yup, you definately should try the other Disciples campaings up to the elven campaing, from which you stay away. I quite liked the story.

And no, the disciples game mechanics are not flawed, but rather repetitive - if you take the game in small amounts, you should like it much better than auto skipping all the combat.

Fez

Erudite
What irked me was that there tended to be too much of a steam-roller effect, the first one to lose the big battle with their hero and main mob ended up too far behind to survive. The winner gets a load of experience to level up and become more powerful, so you stand little chance of fighting back. It's not unique to Diciples, but it's still annoying. The game is worth getting now if you like TB, as it is pretty cheap. I still like the visuals.

Lady Armageddona

Liturgist
Yup, AoW was, and still is quite a good game, even the so much hated around AoW 2.

Fez, I know - Disciples is crap in multiplayer. Its good points are the descent story, huge campaings, and the awesome art. No multiplayer, as you can see.

bgillisp

Scholar
I don't know, I liked AOW2 better than AOW myself. What's the hatred to AOW2 you are talking about? I think I missed that somehow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom