Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HoMM IV maps

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Anyone here know a good resource for HoMM IV maps/campaigns?

I did a Google search and got alot of dead links. The only one I came up with is Celestial Heavens, but I cannot download from them for some reason, it keeps fucking up on me and I'm getting no help from the forums. Guess I shouldn't expect much from a Gamespy affiliated site. :roll:

Fez

Erudite
I have no idea how good they are but after a search I turned up these sites. If they are no good you could maybe try looking for some non-english ones too. Links:here and here.

zhuge

Novice
Maphaven is a fine site, IMHO (1st link given by Fez). I've downloaded both H3 and H4 maps before from the site. They host map contests too from time to time.
I kinda gave up on the series after H4, so I'm not too familiar with other sites.

As for Celestial Heavens, I saw this reply at their forums:
http://www.forumplanet.com/strategyplan ... id=1526519
Maybe they haven't fixed it yet... not sure.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Thanks, Fez. Don't know how I missed those. ::scratches head:: Then again, I never claimed to be a leet googler. :P

Well, zhuge, the guy in that post you pointed out was having a server related problem on Celestial Heavens' end. My problem lies on Fileplanet's end, I believe. No big deal though since Maphaven has all the maps I've seen on Celestial Heavens. :D

So far, I like some of the new features they added to the series. All in all I think HoMM III is better though. Gonna try the Equilibris mod and see what that does. I still like the game, just wish it would have got better support.

Fez

Erudite
No problem, glad I could help. Google is my bitch, I like to keep it in line.

I used to play a lot of the old HoMM 1+2, never really got into 3 or 4. I ended up difting into the competition for the improved TB combat.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Fez said:
I ended up difting into the competition for the improved TB combat.

Well, I did too, but I never ever uninstalled HoMM 3 and whenever I reformat or upgrade my computer, it always gets reinstalled alongside Daggerfall, AoW 2, and a couple of others. I have all the expansion packs and find myself playing it every now and then. It's an addiction. :P

Sol Invictus

Erudite
HoMM IV really sucks. Especially that fat, talentless, annoying saxophone music. Stick to 3 and its expansions (and the downloadables).

Halenthal

Liturgist
Exitium said:
HoMM IV really sucks. Especially that fat, talentless, annoying saxophone music. Stick to 3 and its expansions (and the downloadables).

I'll second this opinion. Stick to HoMM 3 + expansions and get the Wake of the Gods addon for it, really changes the game and adds a whole TON of things to it. HoMM 4 just sucks, even with both the expansions :(

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
You know, I find it funny that this should be the case. I am extremely dissapointed in the HoMM IV Map Editor. You would figure with the prettier graphics that you could make prettier maps, but noooooooooo. Hahaha! That's too fucking hilarious. :lol: I'm gonna try this Equilibris mod and see what that does for HoMM IV, but for the most part, I'll stick with HoMM III. Ah well, even though IV isn't that great, I still made out on the deal. Traded my copy of Civ III for it. :P

Wake Of The Gods is definitely a kick ass add-on to the HoMM III scene and I don't think I could play the game without it now. Besides, I love the editor for III alot better. More user friendly. The campaign editor however... :shock:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom