Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

how come rpgcodex doesn't have stats or levels

Unwanted

†††

Patron
What are these then, sweetie?

Screenshot from 2022-11-17 15-00-10.png

Disciple

Savant
The "sub-nick" titles (novice, learned, educated, arcane, etc) act like an equivalent of levels, like in D&D or Rogue. They are based on the user's post count.

Humbaba

Arcane
We demand full character sheets, backstories and individual companion quests, which staff would have to do.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I had a whole system prototyped out for alignment, using ratings given and ratings received. But DU keeps adding new shitbuttons, which breaks it.

And someone would need to code the whole thing for xenforo.

Edit: to expand further, gain XP by posting and KKK, distribute stats on levelups. Combat between members in posts, kinda like the dice rolls work.

Modron

Arcane
Crispy is that very first game boss that might have seemed threatening but midway through the game is just a regular mob you encounter and think oh yeah that guy.

Codex Year of the Donut
Crispy is that very first game boss that might have seemed threatening but midway through the game is just a regular mob you encounter and think oh yeah that guy.
the trash mob the game throws at you to remind you how strong you've become

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I'm like the Samhain Horror from Grimoire. I appear at the beginning of the game, I p. much destroy all low-level parties that dare invade my domain, but once defeated, I am quickly forgotten.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom