Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview How Deus Ex 3 is redefining the RPG experience

Rhalle

Magister
hal900x said:
Possibly the nadir of evasive doublespeak.

I have complete faith that they will be able to sink lower.

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
Kingston said:
Somehow the smaller crowd of "hardcore" gamers are the "modern, global audience" that don't want that pesky gameplay getting in the way of their cinematic experience. Games on the Wii are selling 20+ million copies, that is the real "modern, global audience" and funnily enough the games that sell that much have one thing in common: they are no nonsense games with no cinematic bullshit. So if the developers of DE3 wanted to sell as many copies as possible, which would be a better approach: Adding more cinematic elements at the cost of gameplay, or focusing on the gameplay at the cost of all that fluff.

I agree with you on principle but nothing on the Wii is selling that much without being packaged with the Wii and there are a lot of non-games like Wii Fit selling big tits. On principle though you are right. Substance is selling over style.

Drakron

Arcane
Kaanyrvhok said:
I agree with you on principle but nothing on the Wii is selling that much without being packaged with the Wii and there are a lot of non-games like Wii Fit selling big tits. On principle though you are right. Substance is selling over style.

Mario Kart Wii
New Super Mario Brothers Wii
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Super Mario Galaxy

I would say nothing on the Wii that is not from Nintendo is selling much, of the highest selling Wii games list the first non-Nintendo title is Just Dance at 3.7 million units.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom