Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How much of a Dungeons and Dragons nerd are you?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Take this questionnaire, add up your score and consult the results table below. Share with the rest of us!

Have you ever actually played tabletop, pen-and-paper, D&D (with other people)?

Yes, add 10 points
No, 0 points

How many, if any at all, Dungeons and Dragons rules books or modules do you currently own?

None, 0 points
One or two, add 5 points
Three or more, add 10 points

How many D&D-based computer or console role-playing games have you ever played?

None, 0 points
From one to three, add 5 points
From four to ten, add 10 points
More than ten, add 15 points

How many D&D-based computer or console role-playing games have you ever actually finished?

None, 0 points
One or more, add 5 points

Do you know what a manticore is?

No, 0 points
Yes, add 3 points

Do you still own any polyhedral dice of any kind?

No, 0 points
Yes, add 10 points

Have you ever painted any lead figurines depicting characters or monsters from Dungeons and Dragons?

No, 0 points
Yes, add 15 points

What color paper were the original Advanced D&D Non-Player Character sheets printed on?

I have no idea, 0 points
Oh, I remember! Add 5 points

Did you ever play D&D during lunch break in high school?

Nope, 0 points
Uh, yeah. Add 15 points

In Dungeons and Dragons, what's your favorite class?

I don't have one, 0 points
Fighter, add 5 points
Thief, add 6 points
Cleric, add 7 points
M-U, add 8 points
Monk, add 9 points
Paladin, add 10 points
ROGUE! Subtract 2 points

What's worse, Kuo-Toa or an Aboleth?

Huh? 0 points
Dude, please. Add 10 points

If you know the most important item from the following list, add 5 points to your score, otherwise add 0 points:

- 50' rope
- Iron spikes
- Large bag
- 10' pole
- Bullseye lanthorn
- A cell phone

Did you find Aribeth attractive?

No, 0 points
r00fles! add 5 points

With which, if any, original boxed set of Dungeons and Dragons did you have your first experience?

None, 0 points
The Red box, with the Erol Otus art are splattered everywhere in it, add 5 points
The Blue one, which is all dog-eared now, add 7 points
The original 3-booklet "brown" set by Gygax and Arneson, add 10 points

Have you ever stepped foot into any hobby shop that sells D&D anything?

No, 0 points
Yes, for any reason whatsoever, add 5 points

Rate the following campaign sets, your favorite representing an addition to your score:

- None, 0 points
- Forgotten Realms, add 5 points
- Greyhawk, add 6 points
- Eberron, add 7 points (although you suck)
- Spelljammer, add 8 points
- Ravenloft, add 9 points
- Dark Sun, add 10 points

----

Okay, that's it. Let's see how you did:

0 points: You probably shouldn't even be registered here. Go drive off in your Ferrari or whatever.
1 - 5 points: What a beta. You'll never know the power that a DM possesses!
6 - 10 points: You're a lukewarm nerd. You have partaken but have never immersed yourself into the culture. Get out now while you still can.
11 - 20 points: You're definitely a nerd, but there's something about you that's holding or has held you back. You're probably a closet D&D nerd and therefore shall always live in shame.
21 - 50 points: Now we're talking! How's that bowlcut working out for ya?
51 - 100 points: Suicide is likely the only answer.
101 or more points: You are the quintessential D&D nerd. You live, breathe and sleep geek. You likely know every rule, every nuance of the way this game is played and you're proud of it. You have almost certainly carefully chosen your social circle to only include others of your nerdkin-ilk, and you've forever forsaken any hope of being accepted by society as "normal" or "cool". You may be Mensa, you're definitely OCD and your mother coddled you as a child. I'm proud of you because you really don't care about what other people think of you and that's a good thing. I'll meet you at the library.

Thanks for playing! This is all original content brought to you by Crispy Enterprises™, all rights reserved. If you don't believe me, Google this post.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I got a 54 despite not having played any D&D since I was about 12-13 years old, having only computer game knowledge of the rules and not their precise inner workings, and owning no books, dice, figurines, maps, etc. whatsoever. Your test is a failure.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
78. Apparently it's one of these where one is too far "in" to be a newbie, but not enough to be a true D&D grognard and thus is being despised for not going all the way "in" and not having any justification for it.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron

Some dumb things there, like the rules books question... why having just the three core books already gives maximum points?

Bruticis

Crispy, shouldn't you be helping that elderly couple pick out a new mouse?

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Fighting Man, Magic-User, Thief, and Cleric.

If this confused you, you aren't a real D&D fan.

Alchemist

Arcane
112 for me - but the test is slightly flawed due to having no mention of the Mentzer red box version of Basic (Larry Elmore cover), which is what I started with. I guess that makes me slightly less of a grognard.

And 10 points for Dark Sun?? WTF. Greyhawk is the real deal, man. And where the hell is Planescape? This test needs some revisions...

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
61. The fact that I once painted some D&D miniatures as a child is enough to damn me to suicide. Question: original character sheet paper color -- was like an aqua/medical/light teal-ish green, yes?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
My favorite two paint colors (Testor's model paints worked great) were the silver and the gold. Many a little metal button or sword hilt was gilded such back in the day.

I still have several of the Grenadier (?) boxed sets. I should sell them someday.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I dunno. If you can finish any D&D-based RPG, that means you didn't keep making new parties until you got tired of the game. Is that really worth more points?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom