Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline How the fuck do I get cnc-ddraw to work properly?

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
My IE games run fine. The problem, I've discovered, is that they are using whatever support is included with the legacy directplay component of windows 11. They are not using cnc ddraw files and I know this because none of the options in either the gui or ini change nothing, and deleting the ddraw file has no adverse effect on running the games.

On the other hand, disabling legacy directplay component means none of the games will even launch, even with the ddraw file in the folder. Any ideas?

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
nevermind, turns out it was because 3d acceleration was no bueno for cnc compatibility. Leaving this in case someone else has a similar problem.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
Have you installed the ddraw fix?
Make sure you do.

see my second post, i got it working, but cnc ddraw is not compatible with 3d acceleration and frankly the effects in the game look fucking atrocious with 3d accel off. Oh well, I only wanted to use cnc for its shaders anyway and they werent that good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom