Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How's WoW nowadays?

psycojester

Arbiter
Nothing wrong with frozen shadoweave, that stuff is great dps-gear for an affliction lock, i'm still wearing mine and probably won't be changed too much of of it until we finally go back to TK for a night (so sick of BT and Hyjal) It was finally my turn to get my t5 shoulders when we fucking cut TK from our regular raid rotation, or we start downing archimonde and i can get the robes of rohnin to replace the frozen shadoweave robe.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Speaking of which, why is it that people now insist destruction is the best DPS spec ("affliction fails/falls behind as soon as you get into BT")--what's wrong with affliction? Was it the Soul Siphon nerf? I might get back into raiding again, but I direly dislike pure destro. Shadow bolt spam is so goddamn fucking boring.

psycojester

Arbiter
They insist it is because while its shit boring it is the best, with a Destro lock you're getting more of your DPS from nuke rather than DoTs so the benefit from spell crit rating puts the dps a Destro-lock can put out beyond what an affliction lock produces.

Personally i think Blizzard should go back to the drawing board and have a bit of a think about how happened and modify it, they've already got a class for high crit nukes, its called a mage.

I'm also curious to see how the plans for all raids having a 10 man variant plays out as well, i've found that in general i have a lot more fun doing 10 man ZA runs that i do in Hyjal, BT and TK (and SSC is just a boring soul-sucking waste of life)

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
We have a few destro locks, the best-geared one gets like 1300-1400 dps on average, raid buffed.

I hear mages are going to get a damage buff in Wrath, though. Blizzard said they wanted mages to be the best AOE'ers, but Seed of Corruption was too powerful and warlocks ended up beating them there.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
I hope so; I don't want to be best AOEr--every time I spam seed in raids, unless the healers are really fucking brilliant, I always die. And I want to stick to affliction. :/

Also agree with SSC. I hate that thing so much. The soul-sucking aspect of it is probably what contributed to my old guild breaking apart due to people not showing up.

psycojester

Arbiter
That was the best part about my guild progressing into BT and Hyjal, we just don't go to SSC anymore, its been about a month since i had to look at the bloody place. I just wish we still went to TK, it was a pretty good instance all things considered i just wish somebody at Blizzard had sat down and thought about how garish an entire fortress made of neon pink and purple crystals would look.

Also good Pally tank+ warlocks= Insanely boring Hyjal trash, basically the tank holds everything the healers just throw everything onto him and the warlocks sit there pressing the SoC button over and over again until everything is dead. Personally i'm considering just writing a Macro that casts SoC on the nearest hostile target 50 times and leaving it at that.

psycojester

Arbiter
I like raiding, i find it enjoyable and i've got no fucking desire to touch sunwell with a 50 foot pole from what i've seen and read.

psycojester said:
I like raiding, i find it enjoyable and i've got no fucking desire to touch sunwell with a 50 foot pole from what i've seen and read.

SWP is good, but MH is so much better. and yea the armory saved when i was doing pvp or some shit.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I've found MH boring as fuck so far, though. Granted, we're only on Anetheron, but I'm told it's basically the same thing for the other bosses - 8 waves of trash and then a boss fight, if you wipe you have to do the trash over again.

Annonchinil

Scholar
I just started; lv 18 Undead Priest. Just did my 1st instance (Ragefire Chasm) but had to leave halfway. So far, the more I play the more I enjoy the game. I am also considering: Warrior, Shaman, Paladin. All from the Horde as I play on Frostmane PvP (sp?)

Oh and I also amassed 32 gold, any idea on what I should spend it on?

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Save that gold; at level 30 you'll need 35g to learn riding and buy a mount. Don't spend it on gear in AH if you can help it, as said gear tends to be crap and overpriced. If you enjoy instances, go to those for gear; if not it's fine too, just level with quest rewards equipped--old world (pre-Outland) quest rewards suck dick, but you'll make do as a priest.

Pick up tailoring. Shadoweave and dreamweave are pretty nice stuff and will last you a while (you can start wearing them in late thirties-early forties).

Data4

Arcane
My 70 'lock was affliction. I never went purely by the DPS numbers. I think that's more an e-peen thing, because if you can't play a high DPS build for shit, then it doesn't matter.

I could take on at least 3 mobs up to 3 levels higher than me solo by drain tanking them, using my imp as a mana battery, and still finish the fight with at least 1/3 health.

psycojester

Arbiter
When you get into the endgame raiding those big numbers are more a case of necessity than epeening. When fighting Brutallus in Sunwell Plateau your raid needs to be putting out about 30,000 dps in order to get him down in time to beat the 6 minute enrage timer. That means nobody can be dragging the chain and your dpsers need to by throwing out around 1.8k dps each.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Data4 said:
My 70 'lock was affliction. I never went purely by the DPS numbers. I think that's more an e-peen thing, because if you can't play a high DPS build for shit, then it doesn't matter.

I could take on at least 3 mobs up to 3 levels higher than me solo by drain tanking them, using my imp as a mana battery, and still finish the fight with at least 1/3 health.

What psychojester said. I quit raiding, so I never went beyond early TK, but even the kiddie stage of TBC raiding includes encounters that are races against time: Kazzak Redux enrages in three minutes, Gruul grows and grows and grows, Prince pops more and more abyssals, and so forth. Crap DPSers are not acceptable anymore than crap tanks or healers.

As for the rest, yeah, that's why I stay affliction. I can easily take four-five mobs when farming with ease and end with more than half my health and most of my mana.

Data4

Arcane
Lesifoere said:
Data4 said:

What psychojester said. I quit raiding, so I never went beyond early TK, but even the kiddie stage of TBC raiding includes encounters that are races against time: Kazzak Redux enrages in three minutes, Gruul grows and grows and grows, Prince pops more and more abyssals, and so forth. Crap DPSers are not acceptable anymore than crap tanks or healers.

True, I suppose. I pretty much quit when the only thing I had left to do was raid. Seeing as how I work for a living, I don't have time to sit at the computer for 5+ hours running Kara.

As for the rest, yeah, that's why I stay affliction. I can easily take four-five mobs when farming with ease and end with more than half my health and most of my mana.

Yep, farming was so easy it got boring. Before I quit, I amused myself by fucking with the gold farmers. That got old quick.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
I amused myself, sometimes, by banishing an elemental someone else is killing. Alas, Blizzard took away that fun.

my account has been suspended for 3 hours because there was a key log in the internet cafe i was using. pissed off beyond belief.

i like MH because of the lore aspect, fighting my favorite character (archimonde) and all that.

bg's have become so repetitive it's not even funny. Today some retard was angry that i didnt go to ninja DB. i explained to him that my gear wasnt that great so i wouldnt be able to solo the mobs, and he told me to ' l2p ' -.- coming from a guy with 3/5 merc it annoyed me.

i also saw the biggest "kill me" sign ever today, a rogue duel wielding azzinoth, full brutal, went to ST to cap a flag, heh ehe. all the allies ran straight for him and ignored me while i capped the flag. funny shit.

i was also thinkin today, when Wotlk comes out, and we kill arthas, sargeras, that means the burning legion and scourge have no more leaders. what will the new raids be about? i have a feeling that after wotlk all of the raids are going to be in caverns of time where you just take part in some historic thing that happened. pretty fucking lame. i mean if they were planning to kill just about every person of significance in the lore, they should have also planned out new lore that will happen, not some crap like 'evil is banished, we live happily ever after'. unless of course the next thing is to kill the wild elementals in the core of azeroth which would be pretty pointless because they are all already trapped anyways.

What I'd like to see is a raid about the scarlet crusade. i always liked the back story and i think a raid dungeon with the SC would be pretty cool.

/rant

edit:

man fury warriors pwn ass. roguyes hav nuttin on demz. warriors are the shit they can tank, dps, wear every kinda shit out there, etc rogues are people who were 2 skinny 2 be warriors and not tuff enuff so they decided 2 be the "rogue" and run away when they get hit once in a while

WARRIORS 4 LIFE!

This post is faded because it has a negative score.

just had to post this. taken from thottbot on the warglaives page.

Xor

Arcane
There's still the other elemental lords (Ragnaros is dead), the old gods, the naga queen, the emerald nightmare (possibly related to the old gods), Deathwing, Kil'Jaden (doesn't die in SWP), and probably others I'm forgetting. Not to mention, Blizzard could easily add another really powerful lore character in a future expansion, or makes us fight the ghost of Uther or something. They've done it before.

psycojester

Arbiter
True, I suppose. I pretty much quit when the only thing I had left to do was raid. Seeing as how I work for a living, I don't have time to sit at the computer for 5+ hours running Kara.

Kara really shouldn't be taking 5 hours to do unless its every bodies first time and you're all in greens and anyways thats why they have raid IDs, you're not meant to be finishing it in a single sitting when you first start out, get up to curator or something and call it for the night.

Personally i think you're gimping yourself if you don't at least give raiding a try.

Oh and btw i'm now a destro spec lock. My entire raiding experience is putting up curse of recklessness and then pressing 2, i'm thinking its time to WoWquit.

so yea, i got hacked. turns out changing your password, and email is not enough to stop a key logger. the chink sold all of my shit and sent it to himself, all i have left is 4 mercs, and brutal gloves. I talked to a GM and all i got was the typical 'were looking into it' bull shit. I swear, IP's from china shouldnt even be allowed to enter the European or American versions of the game.

Im either gonna buy a blood elf rogue, or just quit the game altogether.

Annonchinil

Scholar
I got my Priest to level 20 but am getting bored, especially since out of the 5 new abilities I got none are usefull on this lengthy grind quest.

Having much more fun on my lv10 belf Paladin.

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Tell me guys, is PvM in this game more enjoyable then, say diablo? What's overall fun to play WoW? The only MMO that I played was Ultima Online on non-official shard. Since I was kid I loved the game. But as I remmember now it's boring as hell game with no pvp and no pvm, large amount of iron and log digging.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom