Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I am making a postapoc RPG mod for M&B, you filthy joos

LCJr.

Erudite
I thought Great Duke said that Lenny&Bruce was an experiment and he wasn't happy with the way it turned out either.

Jim Kata

Arbiter
LCJr. said:
I thought Great Duke said that Lenny&Bruce was an experiment and he wasn't happy with the way it turned out either.

He's going to be a bit of comedy relief. A sort of two voice thing kinda like the Master from fallout.

LCJr.

Erudite
Jim Kata said:
LCJr. said:

He's going to be a bit of comedy relief. A sort of two voice thing kinda like the Master from fallout.

OT-but what's up with the sig Jim? More of your adventures on MySpace? Kinda surprised it doesn't go; plotting the death of my schoolmates. Studying the Columbine massacre so I can do better.

Jim Kata

Arbiter
LCJr. said:
Jim Kata said:
LCJr. said:

OT-but what's up with the sig Jim? More of your adventures on MySpace? Kinda surprised it doesn't go; plotting the death of my schoolmates. Studying the Columbine massacre so I can do better.

There was a post by a 12 yo on M&B forum that had me roaring with laughter. He posted his name and location and all kinds of goofy stuff. A parent's nightmare, really.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
lol....the sig was pure comedy. Keep up the good eye for gems like these lol.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Possible. Durians are south east asian fruits...hmmm.

Jim Kata

Arbiter
He is from Singapore. It was a stupid titale and I don't know why I clicked it, but it really gave me quite the laugh!

Glad to see some others were similarly amused.

LCJr.

Erudite
Hey Jim why don't you fill us in on the whole Taleworlds soap opera? Colt temp banned by Pavlov. Armagan "fires" Pavlov. Lost Lamb "quits" in protest. Now this MBX forums thing with I noticed Pavlov as a moderator. What's going on?

flabbyjack

Arcane
You could just put the mouths vertical from each other.

How is modding for M&B? From the apparent lack of story in M&B I get the impression that it is difficult to script for. Could you recommend a good finished mod, or one that has some of the features you're implementing?

Jim Kata

Arbiter
flabbyjack said:
You could just put the mouths vertical from each other.

How is modding for M&B? From the apparent lack of story in M&B I get the impression that it is difficult to script for. Could you recommend a good finished mod, or one that has some of the features you're implementing?

TLD and storymod are pretty good, but none are super full featured. The modding is a huge pain, but becoming easier with each release.

New screens:

Jim Kata

Arbiter
LCJr. said:
Hey Jim why don't you fill us in on the whole Taleworlds soap opera? Colt temp banned by Pavlov. Armagan "fires" Pavlov. Lost Lamb "quits" in protest. Now this MBX forums thing with I noticed Pavlov as a moderator. What's going on?

Hmm, I don't know anything about it or pavlov. I always thought lost lamb was sort of a tard, though. Colt, too, and more so. The whole being hosted away from taleworlds is necessary for any copyrighted mod, but I can't imagine why anyone would want to possibly host forums on another site if they didn't have to.

Dmitron

Arbiter
Models are quite good ..very good compared to some of the M&B mods out there. Textures on the heads are great, who painted those? (they look professional, in a gamey kinda way). The logo..no comment beyond: basic knowledge of Adobe Illustrator\Photoshop could improve upon it

I'm too lazy to sift through the Taleworlds thread.. does the mod feature horses? I'm wondering since post-apoc coupled with cars seems natural. But how will you implement this in M&B's engine?

spacemoose

Erudite
so are you adding some dialogue and consequences, or will this be riding around in a car shooting things as opposed to riding around on a horse shooting things

Jim Kata

Arbiter
Dmitron said:
Models are quite good ..very good compared to some of the M&B mods out there. Textures on the heads are great, who painted those? (they look professional, in a gamey kinda way). The logo..no comment beyond: basic knowledge of Adobe Illustrator\Photoshop could improve upon it

I'm too lazy to sift through the Taleworlds thread.. does the mod feature horses? I'm wondering since post-apoc coupled with cars seems natural. But how will you implement this in M&B's engine?

Great Duke did most of the art stuff. He is amazingly talented I think. stoned-dude and kon_air also do some really good stuff as well. Great Duke's brother is newer but he is doing extremely well considering he is just learning.

We will have horses and motorcycles and larger vehicles not drivable by the player. Like a big rig moving across the plains with guys on it ala roadwarrior.

The motorcycles are doable and propbased cars, but drivable cars are not.

Jim Kata

Arbiter
Spacemoose said:
so are you adding some dialogue and consequences, or will this be riding around in a car shooting things as opposed to riding around on a horse shooting things

Lots of dialogue is planned and a fair amount of the main dialog has already been written (by me). I am a good writer, so it will not be terrible as is typical of most mods - and that is not a slam at M&B mods, just mods in general. No trite crap or anything that intentionally breaks out of the story and talks to the player directly, etc.

denizsi

Arcane
Models and textures look good indeed. So I read the thread at TalesWorld but couldn't find the answer: what will the gameplay be like? Similar to M&B, as in static towns and NPCs, very limited in scale, randomly generated battle zones on the world map? Note that I have no idea how flexible the engine is. Anything like buildings to enter and go up & down between its floors, for instance?

Lol:

aoa21ny.jpg

Jesus_de_la_Misericordia_2.jpg

Jim Kata

Arbiter
denizsi said:
So I read the thread at TalesWorld but couldn't find the answer: what will the gameplay be like? Similar to M&B, as in static towns and NPCs, very limited in scale, randomly generated battle zones on the world map? Note that I have no idea how flexible the engine is. Anything like buildings to enter and go up & down between its floors, for instance?

Well, the style will probably be a lot like darklands. I am coding that up today and will see what everyone else thinks. If they like encounters via menu then we will go that route.

As for things like big bases and such, that is possible. The engine is really retarded in regards to scenes and creating scenes, but I figured out an easy way to make lots of large interior scenes so it's quite possible we could have escapes in abandoned military bases and whatnot.

We will definitely have some large scale indoor combat of some sort....

As for the scope it will be a full rpg with puzzles to figure out and areas to explore, not a reskinning of mount and blade to look like road warraio - which I could release tomorrow if I wanted to. I am note sure what the exact length will be but I am imagining 30-40 hours.

sheek

Arbiter
Oh yeah Kata, a while ago GD asked me for some gun models. Now I have internet again I'll upload them tomorrow.

denizsi

Arcane
How much of the stuff is hardcoded in the engine? Would it be possible to, say, have turn-based combat? New interface elements to support that? New animations, new controls?

Jim Kata

Arbiter
denizsi said:
How much of the stuff is hardcoded in the engine? Would it be possible to, say, have turn-based combat? New interface elements to support that? New animations, new controls?

No.

Err, new animations, yes. Nothing else, though.

LCJr.

Erudite
Jim Kata said:
denizsi said:

No.

Err, new animations, yes. Nothing else, though.

Aren't the hitboxes hardcoded?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom