Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I change my mind. Oblivion is the best game ever

bryce777

Erudite
The ownage of all the dumbfuck prefans is already amusing beyond belief...I feel a disturbance in the force as if a million teenagers cried out "Oh shit I am an idiot!" at once.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
  1. Lionheart
  2. Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel
  3. Oblivion
The list grows!

denizsi

Arcane
So you pre-ordered Lionheart? For some resaon, that game never looked right to me since the time the first bits of information about it was being released, up until its release.

Eventually I played it too, though.

bryce777

Erudite
denizsi said:
Sp you pre-ordered Lionheart? For some resaon, that game never looked right to me since it first bits of information about the was being released, up until its release.

Eventually I played it too, though.

I preordered it. All I knew about it was it used the special system and had something to do with saladin. Pretty cool concept, pretty poor execution. One of the reasons I started looking in forums before buying games. I hate rewarding shoddy developers, and wasting lots of time.

merry andrew

Erudite
denizsi said:
Sp you pre-ordered Lionheart?
Ugh, yeah. "Cancelled" my pre-order as soon as I played the demo. The place I pre-ordered it from gave me a refund and then wouldn't even take the pre-order box back, ha.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
hAha, lionheart ...what a let down :(
i reinstalled morrowind as i await my leeching on oblivion , i still hate the combat >_<

i wonder if this is gona be the 'best' combat they've done on TES yet...i dont mind oblivion not living up to the rpg standard, but the combat ...they need to fix it..make it fun. somehow.

HardCode

Erudite
bryce777 said:
The ownage of all the dumbfuck prefans is already amusing beyond belief...I feel a disturbance in the force as if a million teenagers cried out "Oh shit I am an idiot!" at once.

I agree. The best thing about Oblivion is the "SUCKER!" tattoo across all of the fanbois' foreheads.

Just think, we are enjoying M&B for $14.00, and they are crashing to desktop for $59.99+.

bryce777

Erudite
HardCode said:
bryce777 said:

I agree. The best thing about Oblivion is the "SUCKER!" tattoo across all of the fanbois' foreheads.

Just think, we are enjoying M&B for $14.00, and they are crashing to desktop for $59.99+.

Yeah, it is amazing to me that he can make gameplay like that period, let alone so much better than any game ou there I can think of, combatwise. As for the reviews all I can say is "I'm lovin it!"

bryce777

Erudite
Well, it is mostly combat. It is still in beta, though. There are a couple of big mods out there. I have just started on the LOTR mod that's there. It looks impressive as far as all the items they have made and stuff, but I am not into it deeply enough to say anything about the story.

The combat is extremely fun - I honestly never thought I would see realtime combat that was actually not only somewhat tactical, but, well...you would just have to see it, I guess.

www.taleworlds.com

suleo

Scholar
The LOTR mod is a lot of fun and also has some strategic elements (light, but still there), since the power of factions changes dynamically based on the progress of war. For example, if you see your ally getting onwed, you can try bashing some of its closest enemies (i.e. as Gondor, if you see Rohan being weakened and Isengard being strong, just go close to Isengard and "go hunt some orc").

Another good mod I've played is the Storymod which as the name implies adds a story to the game. The story is kind of interesting (although light and within the limitations of the game engine) and it even has a rudimentary dungeon crawl.

The basic game however is lacking a story *and* the creator has decided *not* to include one but rather focus on "mod support".

Levski 1912

Scholar
What can you honestly expect though? The game is being developed part-time by 2 people, and given those limitations, it's an impressive accomplishment.

Venom

Scholar
Right...because Lionheart and Brotherhood of Steal had the same great scores as Oblivion right?

Why can't you people accept the game is good. You don't like it? Fine...Don't bash those who just want to have fun.

suleo

Scholar
Levski 1912 said:
What can you honestly expect though? The game is being developed part-time by 2 people, and given those limitations, it's an impressive accomplishment.

Absolutely, and it has immense value for its price, unlike some other games, made by "pros"

Astarsis

Novice
I'm must confessed I joined the Dark side of the force, and cancelled my preorder after seing more and more bullshit.

The voice acting video is the one who finally convinced me. it was so plain riduculous. and then spoilers started pooring out about the ridiculous conclusion of the 20 hour storyline, *oh wait, smash amulet and become a dragon* - geez - ridiculous

The real thing that weighted in the balance was mount and blades. a trully awesome game made by only 2 peoples and that got real physics. you slow down when you climb up. you steer your mount. it got manoeuverablity . you can do stances. horses don't have a major advantage at all, they can even be a liability in the right location (rivers, high mountain)

And best of all that game isn't even completed yet ! But I ppurchased it already, as even without any magic it's 100x better than Morrowind ever was. In a way it's the true successor to Daggerfall since all DF ever was about was rescuing peoples and fighting guards.

After seing the rukus of 20% of the peoples not able to play the game they paid for, and the amount of crashes report, I'm saying Bethesda may be heralding their downfall.

They made some pretty major mistakes there.

Morrowind had 4 millions sales, half of it on xbox. Many fans purchased both xbox, pc and goty version. so that's 3 copy per person. Daggerfall had 1 million fan. Do the math. They don't really have 4 millions customers. perhaps 1-2 million at best. most of it due to daggerfall reputation. with all the dumb moves they made they are certain to alienate both old and new fans.

I'm not sure how they can fix that. I'm not sure I care. 90% of the old team (Julian Lefay's team is long gone). I don't really have any emotional attachment to the new company.

Chefe

Erudite
But aren't you like one of the top Morrowind modders?

Where can I find this storyline conclusion? I'm moderately interested.

Zufuriin

Scholar
Venom said:
Right...because Lionheart and Brotherhood of Steal had the same great scores as Oblivion right?

Why can't you people accept the game is good. You don't like it? Fine...Don't bash those who just want to have fun.

Wrong site. Try the FUNcodex.com

HardCode

Erudite
The thing about M&B is, if enough fans are interested in something, it seems Armagan will try to do something with it. Of course, you always get some retard saying, "OMFGZ!! If dis gaem had Havok phyziks, it would rool!", but I don't think Armagan will ruin his game with bullshit like that. However, given enough feedback, he may develop the story. I think that would be a mistake though. He should just work on allowing the modders to do more things to create stories in their mods. They've done some great stuff so far. This way, for $14.00, you get about 30 games running on M&B.

Seven

Erudite
Venom said:

I bet you can have loads of fun by fingering your asshole while saving $60.00--I mean, if you're you're going to play with shit you might as well be honest about it.

Vultok

Novice
My issue with M&B is that there isn't much more to it than combat (which is wonderful). The game seriously needs quests, dialogue, and a story to pwn the world. I suppose I'll try one of those "mod" things.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom