Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I don't want to see your face.

Jazper

Educated
This is only the first step. Soon we'll have game designer autobiographies. Which tells us about the poor young designers who were beaten by their evil computer-illiterate step-fathers if they were caught playing Pacman. Only through making computer games (which they don't actually program/model/work on) do they finally find inner peace, but obviously that part is after Chapter 8 which describes their obligitory alchohol/drug/sex addiction.

Action game characters aren't deep? I beg to differ Kingston! What about all those famous characters like....uh....uh...

Data4

Arcane
Any white guy who's name is "hip-hopized" is bound to come up with something deep and meaningful. I mean, look at Marky Mark and K-fed!

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Actually CliffyB created really fun-feeling gameplay mechanics in Gears of War. I could never get enough curbstompings and busting doors open.

In general that game and the way it did the coop missions had a lot of "oh yeah I am a fucking bad ass/this is fucking bad ass/holy shit this is awesome" touches. Nothing like yelling obscenities while running and unloading your shotgun desperately at a rocket launcher guy who's aiming at your buddy. It's become one of my most memorable coop experiences since Doom.

Bleszinski is not an idiot, far from it. I believe he's really talented and has a big future.

Data4 said:
Any white guy who's name is "hip-hopized" is bound to come up with something deep and meaningful. I mean, look at Marky Mark and K-fed!
Marky Mark is a good actor though, sometimes. I mean look at The Departed, best part of the movie.

Data4

Arcane
sportforredneck said:
Data4 said:
Marky Mark is a good actor though, sometimes. I mean look at The Departed, best part of the movie.

Yes, yes, but that was after he dropped the moniker. Do you see the connection? Okay, maybe not. I'm bored. Sue me.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
They really believe their shit, it's pretty awesome.

I especially like how each character's characteristic is being black or hispanic. Being part of the dominant white culture, I think other races have interesting character traits and I tolerate them because I am a modern man.

Fortunately being a game designer is and always be a basement job. It's not like comic writers get famous or something. So this will be all exposed as a fraud of shitty writers with ego problems.

Hopefully

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
Data4 said:
So who would win in a fight? Game developers or Lithuanian hitmen?

Why don't you ask this Lithuanian hitman I met the other day.

Let me find his address...

Here it is:

Graveyard_of_Dunfermline_Abbey.jpg

bossjimbob

Liturgist
Serious_Business said:
Fortunately being a game designer is and always be a basement job. It's not like comic writers get famous or something. So this will be all exposed as a fraud of shitty writers with ego problems.

Hopefully

The Gears 2 story was written by comic writer Josh Ortega.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/891/891677p1.html

I have no idea if he is any good. I don't read comics.

bossjimbob said:
The Gears 2 story was written by comic writer Josh Ortega.
I've never heard of him. Nor has he written anything that "special" beyond standard issues of Spider-man and things like that. So I don't know if that makes the Gears 2 story sound better or worse. Not that there really is a story.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
shihonage said:
Bleszinski is not an idiot, far from it. I believe he's really talented and has a big future.

cliffyb-rabbit2a.jpg

There are a couple of talented people at Epic, no doubt about that. The fact remains they've all turned into a bunch of console-loving dickheads once M$ started shoving money down their throats.

bossjimbob

Liturgist
VonVentrue said:
shihonage said:

cliffyb-rabbit2a.jpg

There are a couple of talented people at Epic, no doubt about that. The fact remains they've all turned into a bunch of console-loving dickheads once M$ started shoving money down their throats.

What difference does the platform make if it's the same game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom