Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I need prestigious opinions on these games

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Prestigious people shouldn't have opinions on most of these games. :obviously:

I can only speak of Memento Mori, and all I can say is that it's shit.

The best adventure I've played lately is Amnesia - dark Descent, but it does have its shortcomings and it's not pure adventure since it has a lot of survival horror elements. Gray matter was okay-ish but a huge disappointment coming from Jane Jensen. These last few years I've enjoyed freeware indie adventures far more than commercial titles.

Seolas

Liturgist
To recommend a series no one else has yet, the Chronicles of Mystery games. There are two proper adventure games and one or two hidden object type games. Ignore the latter, they are said to be immensely wank. These two are the real adventure games:

Chronicles of Mystery - The Scorpio Ritual is a game I enjoyed but is very, very short (as in 4-5 hours) so look for it cheap.

Chronicles of Mystery - The Tree of Life is longer and better, a really underrated recent adventure game IMO.

Neither are particularly hard and have that familiar theme of a young woman who jet-sets to uncover a conspiracy/historical-themed mystery but the locations are nice, UI very good, and puzzles about a fair difficulty level. Similar-ish to Secret Files games but with better voice acting (but not perfect like many of these European games).

Oh and if you like lighthearted/comedic AGs, try Jolly Rover - one of the most fun games I've played recently, inspired by Monkey Island.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom