Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I of The Dragon

Digit

Liturgist
Ok, anyone played this? It's not too serious, pokes fun at it's own story but has some nifty spells and is quite fun overall. However the fun, is punctuated by the annoying and stupid. (missions where you play as humans)

Can someone please tell me, is there a 3rd annoying mission where you don't play the Dragon?

Thx.
Digit

Astromarine

Erudite
I played it for a while. It's somewhat fun being the dragon, but even those missions kinda suck. But the human missions... Grrr Argh Bleagh! Oh God, how my stomach churns by thinking of the suckiness. Make it stop!

Which were the two missions you played already? I can try to remember it if you tell me, I'm not sure wich missions I played (didn't finish it, gave up when playing, you guessed it, a human mission)

Digit

Liturgist
I have done the Paladin one, where you have to destroy the evil altar which ended up being really easy after the first hour of trying to do it the stupid way.

No I am a hunter. Yay for me. I have a shitty little bow, and abut 3 HPs. I am already worried that you have asked me which ones I have done lol. :(

Digit

Astromarine

Erudite
That's the one I gave up in. I couldn't remember if I had done any other between those two, turns out that I hadn't.

Digit

Liturgist
Yeah to be fair it's a cool idea, but not too well executed. Also I am getting so tired of seeing spells that have no use. Or at least no viable use. By the time you get War Sphere. You think, wow, cool a kickass spell.

You would be wrong in thinking that.

The Zealots that I have to free, who are also hostile (added twist) shoot flaming knives at you. There are about 12 of them per group, one of them is the head Zealot, if you kill him they become friendly. If 2 flaming knives hit you, you are dead. You have to hit the Zealot 5 times to kill him. They also run faster than you, so you can't escape, especially considering the pathfinding (on ground) is terrible. I think I may too give up on this mission. It's just not worth continuing when it becomes hardwork. :(

Digit

Fez

Erudite
I played the demo and it seems dull, clunky and generally crap. Maybe by some miracle they'll make a worthwhile sequel out of the germ of a good idea they had in this one.

Sarvis

Erudite
It sounded like a kickass game, so I tried the demo a few months back. It basically sucks.

Mark this day: The first time I agreed with people on the Codex! ;)

Frankly, a game where you _are_ a dragon should be a flight sim style game, with you being able to burn towns and such. This one seems to try and be some kind of hybrid with you having basic movement control for dodging but having to "lock on" in order to attack and htat didn't even work very well...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom